Part Thirty-Four

Tegan's first day at Harry's house went by in a flash of kisses and cuddles and touching and laughter. She had never been so happy in her whole life. There wasn't a moment since she met Harry that she felt anything but elated. Even when he was in New York, and she was missing him, she was still filled with unwavering excitement knowing that he was in her life. It was a blessing. He was a blessing. And she would never forget how incredibly lucky she was.

When she woke up in Harry's bed that first morning, she was alone, which was a little bit disheartening, but she knew he couldn't be far away. The bedroom was still dark, even though the clock said it was a quarter past eight.

She had no idea how to open his room darkening shades, so she reached over to turn on his bedside lamp. She looked around the vast room, truly appreciating where she was before she crawled out of the bed and sauntered to the bathroom to relieve herself and brush her teeth.

When she was done, she slipped into his closet, finding her suitcase on one of the empty shelves. She dressed in a pair of gray cashmere pajama pants and a white Class of 2014 t-shirt with the name of her high school written across it.

Tegan took a minute to look around at the space and realized it was less empty than it was before and she wondered if he brought clothes he had in New York to help fill it. It really seemed like it to her, which made her smile because maybe it meant he was going to spend more time in California than he planned to before she came into his life.

Her smile was wide as she tugged her hair up into a ponytail and fluffed it up before walking out of the closet to find Harry.

She didn't have to go far to find him, because as soon as she opened the bedroom door, she could hear him and someone else talking to one another just down the hall. She felt a bit apprehensive, wondering who was there with him. Was this going to be weird? Did his people know about her?

She knew his cook did for sure, because she had the awkward pleasure of seeing Tegan in her underwear when she so stupidly ran downstairs after the first night she spent with Harry. But she was wondering if anyone on his immediate team besides Jeff Azoff knew anything about her.

But then again, the voice did sound a lot like Jeff's. She only met him the one time on the set of Ellen and it really was only in passing, so she couldn't be sure.

Tegan tiptoed toward the room she remembered to be the office and peeked her head in. Harry was sitting at the desk with his computer on, staring at the screen. Jeff was nowhere in sight, but she could still hear him talking, so she assumed the two were on a video chat together. Harry's vision caught hers a moment later and a wide smile took over his whole expression.

"Hi," she said quietly, giving him a little wave.

"Hey. Hi. Um, hold on Jeff," Harry said, interrupting him.

"I should be done with this call in just a little bit, if that's okay," Harry told her.

"Oh, yeah. That's okay. Take your time," she said, waving it off. She didn't want to rush him. She didn't want to be a burden on him at all.

"I'll just... I'll be in your bedroom," she said with a smile.

"Okay," he said, smiling back at her.

She bit at her lip as she spun on her heels and went back to the bedroom. She took a deep breath and looked around. She wasn't even sure how to turn his TV on. Everything was so fancy, and knowing Harry, he probably had it all hooked up to his phone somehow. So she decided to take a shower and get ready for the day.

Tegan walked back into Harry's closet and stripped off the clothes she just put on and carefully folded them, laying them across her suitcase before she walked back out of the closet on her way to the bathroom.