Part Twenty-Four

Tegan woke up with Harry still in her arms, his head pressed against her chest. She yawned before trying to crane her neck to see the clock on her nightstand. It was already almost three o'clock in the afternoon.

With her movements, Harry stirred against her before he lifted his head off her chest, looking at her. She giggled at the imprinted lines he had across his cheek from being pressed against her creased shirt for so long.

"Did you sleep well?" She giggled.

He sat up and hummed a mm-hmm before scrubbing his knuckles into his sleepy eyes. Tegan slid up, resting her back against the headboard, watching him. He was so endearing.

"Wow. That felt good," Harry said, stretching his arms up in the air as he let out a yawn, "I haven't slept that good in as long as I can remember."

Tegan's stomach flipped and flopped, feeling elated that cuddling with her was what brought on the best sleep for him.

"We slept most the day away," she told him with a small smile on her lips.

"What time is it?" He asked, sending her an odd look.

"Nearly three," she enlightened him.

"Christ—" He sighed, looking shocked. She couldn't help but giggle.

"I feel like we need to get out and do something," he told her.

"Like what?" She asked, making an anxious face, thinking about how the paparazzi got pictures of her outside her house wearing Harry's clothes.

But then she thought about how Harry showed up at her house already, so if there were paparazzi out there, they would have already gotten their fill of juicy gossip.

"Wanna take a walk?" He asked with a questioning quirk of his head.

"Like, around my neighborhood?" She asked apprehensively.

"Yeah. Why not?"

"I mean, yeah. Sure. We can take a walk," she conceded quickly, realizing if Harry wasn't worried that she didn't need to be worried either.

"Alright," he said, crawling out of the bed, leaning down to pick up his shoes.

She watched as he sat down on the chair in the corner, sliding his Vans Ward lace-up sneakers on before tying them. She slipped out of the bed and walked out of the room to find her white Converse All-Star low-tops by the front door. Harry came out of the bedroom wearing his bulky tan cardigan again just as Tegan sat down on the piano bench to put her shoes on.

"Is it cold out?" She asked, looking up at him.

"A bit. But that was this morning. It was pretty windy out there," he told her.

"It's the Santa Ana Winds," she replied immediately.

"There's a name for it?" He asked, sending her an amused smirk.

"There is," she giggled.

"Do tell, Miss California," he said, intrigued.

"Uh, the Santa Ana Winds pretty much come every year between, I think, like, October and March. But really they come whenever they want, honestly. It's a very dry wind, which really doesn't help fire conditions here," she began to explain.

"I can imagine," he told her.

"Sometimes the winds can get so bad that they take down trees and stuff," she explained.

"Jesus," he said under his breath.

"Yeah. It can get pretty apocalyptic. 50 foot waves crashing onto the shore. Damage to houses. Trees and powerlines down. My power has gone out a lot because of it," she chuckled.