Part Seventy-One

Tegan walked upstairs to Harry's bedroom to change out of her clothes into sweatpants and a t-shirt. She felt exhausted after the conversation she just had with Penny, her words and awful attitude looping through her mind, making her feel even more drained.

She let out a huff as she went into the bathroom, tugging her hair up into a messy bun before putting on a headband to keep her fly-aways out of her face. She then began to wipe her makeup off before she washed her entire face thoroughly.

Just as she began to apply a mud mask on her face, Harry appeared in the doorway of the bathroom.

"Ooh. Me next," he exclaimed excitedly, looking at her through the mirror with bright eyes and a wide smile.

She laughed out loud, turning to look at him as he walked in to stand next to her, picking up the bottle of cream she was putting on her face.

"Yeah?" She questioned and he looked up at her with a wide smile.

"Have you seen these pores? Yes," he joked, sliding his fingers across the top of his cheeks, causing Tegan to laugh out loud.

She quickly swiped her finger down his nose, leaving a line of the product across it.

"Babe. I've gotta wash my face first," he whined humorously, causing Tegan to laugh again.

"You're right. You're right," she giggled as she watched him dig in one of the bathroom drawers, retrieving a butterfly clip and a headband of his own.

She smiled to herself as she continued to apply the mask, watching as he twisted up the front of his hair, putting the butterfly clip in to secure it before slipping the headband on.

She was nearly done by the time he finished washing his face. She watched as he squirted some of the cream in his hands and began applying it to his face.

"I think you've done this before," she snickered to herself.

"You think this pretty face is natural?" He asked incredulously, sending her a comical look through the mirror, making her laugh.

"Yes. I do think it's natural. You are absolutely naturally beautiful, Harry Styles," she said, smirking at him.

"'Harry Styles'. Why did you say my name like that when you were on the phone with your publicist?" He questioned, with a sideway smirk, looking amused.

Tegan's cheerful expression immediately dropped, thinking back on the conversation.

"Because she's a complete psycho. That's how she refers to you," she huffed, rolling her eyes.

"Sorry. I shouldn't have brought it up," he said, looking apologetic when Tegan became upset again.

"No. It's okay. She speaks of you like you're a brand, not a person," Tegan continued.

"Like how she wanted you to make it public that you were going on a date with me that first night?" Harry questioned.

"Exactly that. I hate it," Tegan sighed, shaking her head as she stood there with her cream-filled hands out in front of her.

"I'm sorry, kitten," he cooed as he went back to rubbing the mud mask on his face.

"No, I'm sorry. No one should ever look at you like that," she told him, feeling terrible that anyone would.

"It's not your fault. Remember how I said I feel like I've sold my soul to the devil by signing those contracts? Yeah. That was definitely a part of it," he surmised, shrugging his shoulders, seeming as if he'd resigned to that fact long ago.