Part Sixty-Seven

Relief flooded Tegan as she quickly walked to her front door and opened it, stepping out onto her front step as she ended the phone call.

"Hi," she squeaked as Harry walked up to her, shoving his phone in the front pocket of his jeans.

"Hi," he breathed, stepping up to her as he gently pressed his hands against her cheeks. His eyes quickly roamed over every inch of her face, as if he was making sure she wasn't hurt before he leaned in to kiss her.

"C'mon. Let's pack you up," he breathed against her lips before dropping his hands from her face.

"Mm-hmm," she hummed, noticing Jeff standing just behind Harry.

"Hi. I'm Tegan. I mean, I know we met briefly backstage at Ellen. But yeah, anyway, I'm Tegan," she said, holding out her hand for him to shake it.

"I'm Jeff. I've heard so much about you," he said with a pleasant smile as he shook her hand.

"Same about you," she said, smiling back at him.

"Come in," she said, turning to lead both of them into the house.

"I'm sorry. I look like a mess. I was just out running," she said, trying to smooth out her hair. It was in a ponytail, but she could see a bunch of fly-aways from her peripheral vision.

"You look gorgeous, Tegan," Harry told her before his eyes darted around the room as if he was checking to see if anything was out of place.

"Sorry to ruin your plans," she continued, smiling awkwardly at Jeff.

"Stop apologizing, love. This isn't your fault," Harry said, leaning in to kiss her.

"Okay," she said quietly, biting at her lip.

"So, Harry tells me you've seen this man in your neighborhood multiple times?" Jeff asked her and her heart sped up again thinking about the situation.

"Uh, yeah. Um, for a few weeks now. Harry even saw him in my yard," she said, looking back at Harry, but he wasn't there.

"Harry?" She called out.

"Just looking around, love," he called back from her bedroom.

"Um... yeah," Tegan said, focusing back on Jeff.

"And he was the one taking pictures of you two in Catalina?" Jeff asked her.

"Um, yeah. I-I don't know why he's here, since he got the pictures he wanted in Catalina. I mean, I haven't seen even one picture published of me or Harry here in my neighborhood. Only the ones in Catalina," Tegan explained.

"Really?" Jeff asked, sounding surprised.

"Yeah. I mean, I know he's taken pictures of Harry outside my house. Harry saw him. And I'm almost certain he has plenty of me," Tegan said, rolling her eyes.

"The only thing I can think of to explain it is maybe he hasn't gotten what he wanted. Maybe he hasn't got the right picture of the two of you, yet," Jeff said with a shrug.

"Or maybe he's stalking you. We don't know. And we don't want to take any chances," Harry said, suddenly appearing by her side.

"Don't say that," she said, shaking her head, feeling a rush of fear again.

"You can't be too careful," Jeff added in.

"I mean, maybe we should just stand outside making out or something so this can all be over with," she said with a laugh, but she was more than a little serious.

"Not sure that would even work. Besides, it's nobody's business what we're doing or who we're doing it with," Harry said, sounding a bit annoyed.

"I don't like this," Tegan breathed lowly.