Part Twenty-Two

Tegan received a call from Harry that night and her entire insides immediately reacted favorably just from seeing his name on her phone screen. She made his caller ID picture the one of the two of them from the Ellen show, so it made the butterflies in her stomach riot even more at the sight of them together.

"I'm getting on an airplane soon. Headed back to California," Harry told her.

"Are you?" She asked, unable to keep the excitement out of her voice. He wasn't supposed to fly out for another couple of days.

"I am. In just a few hours," he told her.

"Oh my god," she breathed, unable to think of a more fitting response.

"Can't wait to see you," he told her, causing a nauseous feeling in the pit of her stomach.

"I can't wait to see you too," she told him honestly.

"I won't be getting in until quite late tonight, but maybe I can see you tomorrow?" He questioned.

She would honestly like nothing else. If he were to ask, she'd be sitting on his doorstep waiting for him when he got back.

"Sounds perfect," she told him.

"Perfect," he mimicked sweetly. Tegan bit her lip to stifle the excited noises that wanted to come out.

"So, listen, uh... Jeffery just got here. Just wanted to let you know I'm going to be on my way back soon," Harry told her.

"Okay," she squeaked.

"I'll see you tomorrow then?" He questioned.

"Of course," she told him.

"Alright. Have a good night, kitten," Harry cooed, and that time she wasn't able to hold back the choked noise in her throat, causing Harry to let out a deep chuckle.

"I love it," he said a moment later.

"Shut up," she hissed playfully.

"I'll see you, yeah?" He asked, letting out a chuckle.

"Yes. Goodnight, Harry," she breathed, her smile wide on her face.

"Night, love," he said before he was gone.

Tegan laid in her bed, trying like hell to get the smile off her face, to no avail. He was perfect. Absolutely perfect. And by some twist of fate in the cosmic universe, he wanted to spend time with her. It was absolutely astonishing and she would never get over it.

...

Tegan could barely sleep that night, thinking about how Harry was coming back to Los Angeles a whole two days earlier than planned. She was happy she didn't wait until the last minute to do that lingerie shopping she made a mental note to do.

She found some amazing pieces that she knew Harry would appreciate if it ever went that far again. She hoped it would. Maybe not the next time she saw him, but sometime in the near future.

It surprised her to no end when the doorbell rang in the late morning, just after she'd finished getting ready. She usually didn't get visitors — especially unannounced visitors. When she opened the door, Harry stood there with a sly smile playing on his lips.

"Harry," she gasped, her eyes wide as she took him all in.

He was dressed down in a simple white tee with a bulky tan cardigan sweater over it. And to her utter surprise, he was wearing a pair of blue jeans with it. She couldn't remember the last time she'd seen Harry Styles wearing blue jeans.

His green eyes seemed to sparkle as he watched her, his wild hair blowing in the wind, making him look almost celestial, like he was some sort of earth angel sent there just for her. Just the sight of him took her breath away.