Part Twenty-Eight

Tegan woke up to a dimly lit room, the morning light just barely seeping through the sides of her bedroom curtains. She lay there for a few moments, listening to Harry's breathing as he slept. Her smile was wide on her face as she rolled toward him, careful not to wake him.

He was facing her, his long eyelashes resting against his cheeks and both of his hands curled up underneath his chin. Her heart flourished as she watched him sleep. He was the most precious thing she'd ever seen.

She reached out, gently swiping a curl from his forehead, wondering - for the millionth time - how she got so lucky to be in his life. She also wondered when her excitement over being with him would wane, even just a little. She never wanted to take being with him for granted, but maybe if the nausea from all the butterflies in her stomach would fade away, it would be perfect.

She laid there for a while, appreciating every feature on his face, every little breath he inhaled and exhaled. She thought about what it would be like waking up to him every morning. It felt so tangible as she laid there with him.

Visions of the two of them in the future invaded her brain and it wasn't helping the butterflies from making her sick to her stomach. She leaned over, leaving a delicate kiss on his forehead and pulled back to watch him for a few more moments.

She knew she'd never be able to get back to sleep, so with a deep breath sucked in and then let out slowly, she slipped out of bed, leaving Harry sleeping between her sheets. She walked to the bathroom, flipping on the light switch, but no lights came on.

"Shit," she breathed, remembering the power went out the night before.

She walked into the dark room, closing the door just slightly as she tip-toed toward the toilet, hoping she wasn't going to stub her toes on anything. Instead, she nearly tripped over the clothing that was piled on the bathroom floor and she remembered their impromptu shower before bed.

Her body flushed thinking about Harry getting her off underneath the spray of water. She bit her lip and nearly moaned as she thought about it. He was so deeply arousing.

Tegan did her business in the bathroom, before she came back out to get the lighter she lit the candles with the night before. She was going to need a little light to truly get ready for the day.

She lit a couple candles that were on a shelf in the living room and brought them into the bathroom with her before lighting the ones in there as well, until she had a halo of light flickering around the bathroom.

She looked at herself in the mirror, still naked from the night before. In the candlelight, she couldn't see all her little flaws that marred her skin and she truly appreciated the loss of power in that moment. She brushed her teeth and washed her face before doing her best to apply makeup in the dim lighting.

When she tip-toed back into her bedroom, she heard Harry hum and she froze in her tracks. His body was faced towards her and she silently wondered whether or not he was awake.

"Harry?" She whispered and then held her breath so she could hear him respond. But he didn't.

She let out her breath and stepped toward her closet, opening the door. Damn it. She couldn't see anything. Her mind changed quickly - this power outage was a pain in the ass.

Tegan dashed toward the bathroom to grab a candle before she walked back into her closet, setting it down on a shelf. A second later, she had a horrible thought of her entire wardrobe going up in flames, so she promptly grabbed an outfit before bringing the candle out, setting it on her dresser.

She pulled out a strapless bra and panty set from her top drawer and quickly slipped them on before she dressed in a white long-sleeve, over-the-shoulder shirt and a pair of fitted denim overalls.