Part Thirty-Eight

Once the helicopter landed on the island, there was a car waiting for them and they were promptly whisked off toward the city of Avalon on the far side of the island. It didn't take long before the car was pulling up to a large white modern hotel named Zane Grey Pueblo Hotel. Tegan smiled to herself thinking only of Zayn Malik in that moment and wondered if Harry was thinking about him too.

She debated on asking him, but wasn't quite sure if Zayn would be a sore subject or not. It had only been a few years since he left the band. The wounds of his departure might still be raw. But then again, Harry might completely surprise her and be okay with it. She decided if it was still weighing on her mind when they got to their room, she would ask.

But as soon as they stepped foot in the massive suite, Tegan's mind was completely preoccupied.

"Oh my god, Harry. This place is beautiful," Tegan cooed, looking around at the large open space decorated in a mediterranean theme. It had to have been the biggest suite in the whole place.

"It has three bedrooms," he chuckled as he shut the door after tipping the hotel staff.

"What do we need three bedrooms for?" She giggled, turning to face him.

"Dunno. It was the only room left. You know, because of the wine mixer," he chuckled.

"Oh, ha! That makes sense," she giggled as she walked toward the grand piano that sat to the right side of the large couch in the middle of the room.

"Look at this beautiful piano," she cooed, pulling up the key cover before skirting her fingers across the ivories.

"Gonna play for me?" He asked with a hopeful smile.

"Maybe later," she said, smiling over at him as she replaced the key cover.

"I'm hearing a lot of 'maybe later's' today," he chuckled.

"If you're a good boy, I'll give you the best 'maybe later' you've ever had," she teased, walking over to him as she wrapped her arms around his waist.

"I'll be the goodest boy ever," he said comically, causing her to let out a laugh.

"I bet you will," she breathed against his lips before kissing them.

"Mm. Promise," he cooed, kissing her again.

"That lipstick is gonna be gone, gone, gone soon," Harry chuckled, kissing her once again.

"Ah, who needs it," she mumbled against his mouth as they continued to kiss.

"I'm gonna get carried away and we're gonna miss our date," Harry said finally, being the voice of reason, stepping just slightly back from her.

"We can't miss our date," she told him with a wide smile.

"We definitely can't. Not since we talked about it on our first date together," he said with a wry smile.

"What?" She asked, feeling confused.

"What?" He asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"What do you mean we talked about it on our first date?"

"I mean just that. We talked about it on our first date," he chuckled, smiling widely at her.

She was so confused, but so intrigued as she thought back to that night.

"We spent like eighteen hours together on our first date. We talked about so much," she pointed out and he let out a breath of a laugh.

"I guess you'll have to wait to be surprised then," he said with a flippant smile.