Part Seventy-Four

It wasn't until the next day that the two of them decided to go to Tegan's house to get her some clothes. She was nervous as Harry drove her. The anxiety made it feel like there was a massive weight on her chest and she literally couldn't stop chewing her bottom lip and bouncing her leg even if she tried.

"It's gonna be okay, love. I'm here with you. It'll be okay," Harry said reassuringly, placing his hand on her thigh, stilling it for just a moment before she grabbed his hand in hers, intertwining their fingers.

"I know," she said as he squeezed her hand.

"I love you," he cooed as he brought up the back of her hand to his lips and kissed it.

"I love you too," she said, looking over at him with a soft smile.

"It's been a week and a half. And if he's the one who took those pictures, he knows you've gone to stay at my house. The chances that he's anywhere near your house are very slim," he assured her.

"Yeah," she said with a sigh.

"I went to your house yesterday," he informed her.

"You did?" She asked, her attention shooting to him immediately.

"Mm-hmm. While you were at your meeting. You know, just to make sure everything was still okay there," he revealed with a nod before his eyes went back to the road.

She was going to respond, but her train of thought immediately wiped from her mind as they turned onto her street, her eyes instinctively searching for the black Audi with the Nevada license plates.

"Would you like me to drive around the block before we go in?" He asked, seeming to notice her silently panicking.

She looked over at him with a worried expression before she slowly nodded her head.

"Okay, love. We'll go around the block," he agreed, kissing the back of her hand again.

When the coast seemed to be clear, the pap's car nowhere in sight, Harry pulled his Range Rover into Tegan's driveway and parked. She let out a shaky breath as she looked at her house through the windshield.

"It's okay, Kitten," Harry cooed, squeezing her hand in his.

"I hate this. I love my house. I hate that I'm afraid to be here," she fretted, feeling like she might cry.

"I know, love. I know. I've got a surprise for you that might make you feel a bit better," he told her, piquing her interest immediately.

"What is it?"

"C'mon. I'll show you," he said, nodding his head in the general direction of her house.

"Okay," she mewled as the anxiety swelled in her chest, but she let go of his hand anyway.

The two of them got out of the vehicle and once she was by his side again, he took her hand to lead her to the front door, pulling out his phone from his pocket with the other hand.

She let out another shaky breath as she looked toward the small wooded area on the side of her house. It was so overgrown at that point that she knew she would never be able to see anyone in there. Knowing what kind of person this dude was, she wouldn't be surprised if he was hiding in there in a ghillie suit, blending in with nature.

"C'mon," Harry said as he pushed open the front door before she even realized he had unlocked it.

There was a foreign beeping sound when they entered the house, causing her to panic a bit. What the hell was that?

"It's okay," Harry told her as he shut the door and pressed some buttons on a panel next to it that most definitely hadn't been there before, causing the beeping to stop.