Part Thirty-Five

"Tegan. Hey," her manager Will greeted, waving her over to the table he was at.

"Hey," she acknowledged, smiling as she walked up to him. He stood to give her a quick hug before the two of them sat down.

"Since when do you wear aviator sunglasses?" Will asked with a chuckle as he looked up at the top of her head.

"Oh, uh..." Tegan said, pulling them off to look at them.

When she got into Harry's Range Rover that day, she was nearly blinded by the sun and found them in the console.

"They're not mine. They're... a friend's," she said, catching herself before she said his name.

"A friend's? You mean Harry's?"

She rolled her eyes and smiled before taking a deep breath.

"How's that going?" Will asked a moment later.

"Um. It's good. It's really good," she said as her smile nearly ate her entire face.

"You look happy. Like, really happy," Will pointed out.

"I am... really happy," she said, biting at her bottom lip to try to stifle the giddiness she felt.

"I'm so happy for you, Tegan. For both of you," Will told her, sounding sincere.

"Thanks. He's taking me to Catalina Island this weekend," she told him.

"Oh. Are you guys going for the wine mixer?" He asked curiously.

"The wine mixer?" She asked, furrowing her eyebrows in question.

"Yeah. Catalina Island has this super huge wine mixer every year and it's this weekend," Will informed her.

"Like in the movie Step Brothers?" She asked, feeling utterly amused over it since Step Brothers was one of her favorite movies growing up.

"Ha! Yeah. Like that. 'The fucking Catalina Wine Mixer'," Will said, quoting the movie.

"Oh my god. I didn't know it was real," she laughed.

"Oh, it's real. And it's a pretty big event. I went in 2015, which was the first year they had it. It was a lot of fun," he chuckled.

So that was Harry's plan, huh? The wine mixer? She had to admit that it was a pretty good date idea.

"He didn't tell you about the wine mixer?" Will asked with an amused smile.

"No. He wouldn't give me any details. Just that he wanted to take me to Catalina Island for the weekend," she told him.

"Ooh. Things are getting serious, huh? Romantic island weekend?" He cooed.

"Something like that," she chuckled, even though, yes, it was exactly like that.

"Lucky girl," Will gushed, smiling happily at her.

"I'm trying not to get too carried away in bliss just in case it all comes crashing down at some point," she chuckled.

She hoped like hell that it wouldn't, but there was always a possibility and she knew it would be debilitating if it were to ever happen.

"Enjoy it. Live in the moment. Don't worry about the future," Will said, waving it off and she could only chuckle.

"Although, I do have some news that's going to make your future a bit brighter," Will said with a devilish smile.

"What is it?" She asked, looking at him bright-eyed.