Part Eighty-One

Tegan woke up from her nap to a call from the alarm company that monitored her home security system. They told her the alarm system had been triggered by something unknown and that they were sending out a police officer to check it out.

Her blood tingled in her veins with fear as her heart started beating heavily in her chest with anxiety. Her alarm system was triggered? Was that man at her house? She could feel the panic attack rising inside of her. What happened if she were at home and that man broke in? Would her nightmare about him have come true? Was she going to have to permanently move out of the house she loved?

She quickly dialed Harry's UK phone number and listened while it rang and rang in her ear. But he didn't answer. So she dialed his manager, Jeff, to see if he would be able to take Manny with him and meet the police at her house. Jeff immediately agreed and let her know that he would be in touch with her as soon as he found out anything.

Tegan sat in Harry's bed anxiously awaiting Jeff's call; waiting on an update as to what was going on at her house. One awful scenario after another flooded her mind as she waited. And when her ringtone went off, she jumped at the sound.

She quickly grabbed her phone, seeing Harry's name light up the screen.

"Harry," she said breathlessly.

"Are you okay? I just talked to Jeffery. He's at your house now with Manny," Harry told her.

"I-I'm freaked out. This is really freaking me out, Harry," she told him honestly.

"I'm sorry, love. I'm so sorry. I wish I was there with you."

"I wish you were here too," she said quietly, but then immediately felt guilty because she knew that he was spending much needed time with his family for his mother's birthday.

"I will be home soon, kitten. Just a few more days," Harry tried to soothe her.

"I know. I know," she told him before she huffed out a heavy breath.

She felt her phone vibrate in her hand and she pulled it away from her ear, seeing Jeff's name.

"Jeff's calling me," she told Harry.

"Okay. Okay, baby. I can call you back," he told her.

"Okay. I love you," she mewled, feeling the anxiety swell up inside of her over what Jeff was about to tell her.

"I love you too, kitten."

Tegan quickly answered Jeff's call and he relayed to her that because of the heavy winds, a large branch on one of the trees surrounding her house fell onto the roof and it set off the alarm. He told her the police searched outside as well as in and didn't find anything out of place.

She let out a heavy breath, feeling a bit of relief knowing that it wasn't him near her house. Jeff then told her that he would watch the security camera footage from around that time to make sure that it was for certain the tree that caused the triggering of the alarm. She was so grateful for Harry, Jeff and Manny for making sure that she was safe and taken care of. She had no idea what she would do without them.

...

A few days later, after asking him for his help, Manny came over to Harry's house to give Tegan a few self-defense lessons. She was still pretty agitated over the alarm going off at her house. She knew she would have to go back to live there at some point, and she wanted to be at least a little prepared to fight back if something like her nightmare ever happened in real life.

"Alright, we're going to go over some very simple moves that don't require a lot of strength," Manny told Tegan as they stood in Harry's home gym in their workout gear.