Stranger Precariousness Part 1 (Willne)

Her wall was solid

Her wall was solid. Solid until a teacher was told they were boring.

***

3rd persons POV

Charlotte grasped onto the earphones she had just bought. The plastic rattling due to them still being in the package. Deciding to take the short cut home instead of doubling back, she cut through the town garden.

It was 3:15, meaning the local primary schools had just been let out. Charlotte had an inset day, and she was hoping she could stay in all day. But life, or rather her clumsiness, decided to take a toll on her uneventful day. This resulted in her accidentally cutting her earphones while trying to snip some paper.

She kept her arms in, the cold wind of the UK nipping at her skin. She walked along the path, noticing all the young children laughing. Climbing on the bandstand, playing tag or hide and seek. She could see the mother's. Discussing the most recent episode of whatever show they were watching.

She could see all the children conversing, being loud without realising. Talking about who was going to be it next in tag. She smiled.

However, the thought that in a few years, these children will most likely not be friendly anymore, made her smile fall slightly.

She could see herself in these children. She can recall the times where her and her friends would draw around each other on the  pavement with chalk or listing the alphabet while playing hopscotch.

Her smile fell completely when she realised that she didn't talk to anyone she used to do that with anymore.

She noticed how care free they were. They weren't worried about school, they weren't worried about the future. All they were worried about, was which Barbie doll, or which toy car to bring into school for show and tell.

Wanting to get away from her previous happy place, she sped walked to the exit.

The next day was a Friday. And unfortunately for Charlotte, it was a school day. Friday was 'councilling' day for Charlotte. It was the day where she would spend her lessons in the separate rooms. It wasn't because she couldn't do the work, it was because she simply couldn't be around the people in her year group. She had a group of about 5 main friends, all of them being people similar to her, none of them knowing how sad she was.

She was cut off from them when she picked a gcse topic that was in a different column. This meant she swapped bands. Meaning she no longer had any lessons with her friends. She had lunch and break with them, but considering she used to spend every second with them, only seeing them for a hit and hour and a half, was a new shift that she didn't like.

Nobody in her year group, didn't like her. She certainly wasn't friends with everyone and she certainly didn't like everyone. But she would consider herself on the middle step of the social ladder.