Ostensible Unsightly Part 1 (Miniminter)

Being the 'Ugly' one in the group, was something Reagan didn't really notice

Being the 'Ugly' one in the group, was something Reagan didn't really notice. Until it was harshly pointed out.

***

Reagan slowly, trying her best to drag out the time, surfed through her wardrobe. Looking for an outfit to wear to party she wasn't really invited to.

Earlier that day, she found herself left awkwardly fourth wheeling her two other 'better' friends, and the Regina George of the school, Maddison. Frienemies was the best word to describe their relationship. On a Monday, Maddison would barely acknowledge the girl, but come Friday, it's like Reagan is the subject of that day's torturing.

Flashback (earlier that day)

"Girls"

The sickly sweet voice, belonging to the dyed red haired girl. Freya, Katie and Reagan all turned around, to be faced with Maddie herself. Well, I say all faced, Maddie seemed to be only standing in front of Freya and Katie. Which is something a lot of people do, not bothering to stand in front of all three.

"Party at my house"

She chirped, passing two invitations. Only two.

"What about Reagan?"

Freya pondered. Maddison knew there were three girls in front of her, however decided the be a bitch anyway.

"Oh right"

She sighed, acting like she hadn't even noticed the brunette.

"The thing is Reagan, there's only a certain amount of invites"

She said in a 'sympathetic' voice. Acting like she cares. Suddenly, the sound of paper being ripped in half, filled the room.

"Here we go, now she has one"

Katie smiled, passing her the ripped invitation. Reagan took it happily. Not happy that she could go, happy that her friends were thinking of her. Realistically, she didn't really care about the party, just glad it was time with her friends.

"Oh great"

Maddison said through her whitened, gritted teeth.

"See all three of you tonight then"

All four of the girls shared fake happy smiles, before getting on with their day.

Flash forward to current time

"Come on Reagan, you can't wear that"