Ostensible Unsightly Part 3 (Miniminter)

Taking off the glasses, and suddenly she's beautiful cliche? Is something you'd expect from any normal predictable Romcom

Taking off the glasses, and suddenly she's beautiful cliche? Is something you'd expect from any normal predictable Romcom. Not real life.

***

Reagan sat nervously on the fountain edge. It was currently 12:40, 5 minutes before Simon said to meet. She didn't know what the tall lad had in store, hopefully nothing too demeaning.

"Reag's"

She turned around, to be met with Simon wearing his usual attire. Black shorts, football top and a scruffy pair of trainers. She was happily wearing a pair of blue ripped jeans and a large hoodie, knowing she won't be wearing that by the end of the day.

"Hello"

She sighed, mentally preparing herself for what the day is going to intel.

"Right, first, I'm starving. I've not eaten today, so let's grab some food and figure it out from there. Cool?"

Reagan nodded her head, having to walk quickly, to keep up with Simon's long legs. They exchanged casual small talk. Talk about how their GCSE options were going and the fact that Simon regrets taking triple science.

Finally arriving at the restaurant. Well, when I say restaurant, what I mean is, McDonald's. Reagan was vegetarian however, so she just bought a drink, while Simon went for a full on meal. They sat opposite each other, Reagan watched on, rather disgusted by the sheer amount he was shoving in his mouth.

"What?"

Simon asked, mouth full of food. Reagan scoffed and shook her head. Simon rolled his eyes and put his half eaten burger back down on the table.

"Right, once we've finished here, let's go buy you some clothes"

"Whyyyyyyy?"

She whined. This was her worst nightmare. She hated shopping. She would normally just follow Freya and Katie around when they went shopping. It's a rare special occasion when she even shows up.

"Because, I don't know who you are based on your clothes. You dress the same. Hoodie and jeans. Maybe it's time for a switch up, who knows, you might enjoy it"

He said. His eyebrows raised. Rolling her eyes, she sighed and nodded. They both finished there respectable meals, standing up and throwing any discarded rapping away. They left the busy restaurant, scuffing their shoes as they made their way to the clothes section of the shopping centre.

"Here we are"

Simon stopped, Reagan sighed. They both entered the large store. Heading straight to the dress sections. Reagan grabbed his wrist, shaking her head.