Solemn Thoughts (Willne)

Poppy currently found herself rubbing the back of her best friend, while he violently vomited

***

Poppy had rejected the idea of going out with her roommate Will and his friends tonight. Due to the beneficial essay she had to write.

Incoming call from Alex💜🤩

"Hey Popps"

Alex sighed, sounding like he hadn't slept in weeks.

"Hi Al, you okay?"

Poppy softly asked. She sat up on her bed, leaning her head against the headboard.

"Yea I'm fine, I'm just struggling a little bit with Will"

Poppy chuckled. She was well aware of the effects alcohol had on her best friend. He becomes very clingy and a little whinny. 

"What's wrong with him?"

Asking knowingly.

"Well, he's had a few and I can't deal with his whining"

A warm smile took over her face. While he whined and clung, he was also one of the biggest softies when he was intoxicated. He would open up. Poppy can recall many drunken nights where he would tell her all about his family and all the hardships.

"Where are you?"

"We're at the launch rocket"

A nightclub that sat down the road from the living place of the early twenties.

"Alright hold tight, I'll be there in a minute"

She chuckled softly, already getting to her feet. Walking over to the corner of her room, she picked up her daps and slipped them on her tiny feet. It was the middle of August, so it wasn't the warmest time of year.

Deciding against getting frost bite, she chucked on a hoodie she borrowed from Will. She drowned in the hoodie, his scent filling her nose as she tucked her hands into the sleeve. Knowing she wouldn't take long, she left her phone on her bedside table. She quickly drafte a message to Alex, before leaving the flat she shared with Lenney.

Poppy🌺: I'm on my way x

Making the short journey to the Launch Rocket, she thought about what possible state Will was going to be in. In fact she didn't even have to think about it , due to the somewhat sober Alex, began to approach her, with what looked like a dead body clung to his shoulders.