Splintered Slipper (Miniminter)

He sat silent in the audience

He sat silent in the audience. He watched as he realised he had made the biggest mistake of his life

***

"I don't know lads, I feel like it'd be a bit weird ya know?"

Simon was sceptical. He was offered a ticket to come see the new Cinderella musical on the West end.

And while a few months ago, he was confident he was going. Now, he was not so sure.

This event had been on his calendar since early productions, but what he didn't count on, was him and his girlfriend, who was playing the lead, breaking up 3 months before the show.

"Come on Simon, I'm sure Amy would want you there"

Harry tried to reassure him. Simon sighed, looking down at his hands.

"She probably hates me"

He grimaced. His eyebrows were scrunched in. 

Amy and Simon had met while the two were in collage. Simon taking Criminology and Amy taking Performing Arts.

It was clear to Simon that drama was her passion. She could talk for hours about what musicals she was dying to be in, or what she would sing if she ever went on a talent show.

Amy's voice was angelic. You wouldn't be able to tell however. She rarely showed off her voice, only when she was involved with productions or possibly singing in the shower.

Simon can remember the first time he heard her sing.

꧁꧂

She was sat in the collage cafeteria, quietly singing to herself.

She had no idea that she was being admired by a boy a few seats down.

She sung 'You are beautiful' while reading her book, her hair adorably falling in her face. 

His friends at the time noticed his distracted state, panning their eyes over to where he was looking.

"Stop eye fucking her Jesus"

Simon scoffed, turning back to his mate and smacking him across the arm.

"I'm not"

They all rolled their eyes, pulling a 'yeah right' Face.

"If you fancy her, go talk to her"

Simon bit his lip, shaking his head.