Old Conflagration Part 2 (Wroetoshaw)

Why do you smileLike you've been told a secretNow you're tellin' lies'Cause you have sworn to keep it

Why do you smile
Like you've been told a secret
Now you're tellin' lies
'Cause you have sworn to keep it

***

Melanie's eyes slowly began to close as she sunk into the kiss.

They hadn't shared a kiss since they were both 6. This one was different however. It wasn't just a peck resulting in them both crying out in disgust, it was a long lasting embrace.

In fact, she hadn't kissed anyone since being 6, so she was a little out of practice. But, Harry was more than happy to help her out.

The kiss was slow, caring. He placed his hands on her waist, slowly pulling her onto his lap, keeping the pair impossibly close. Her hands gently cupped his face as her legs were left to dangle over his lap, due to her sitting sideways on his lap.

Harry had kissed many girls before, but he'd never waned to kiss a girl so badly as he did with Melanie. Her lips were soft, he could taste the slight hint of cherry due to her lip balm.

He was surrounded by her. The smell of her perfume filled the air. The same perfume she wore while the two were children.

Suddenly she pulled away, short of breath. Their cheeks were the brightest shade of red imaginable. She looked down at her lap, worrying Harry a little.

"I'm sorry Melanie. You were just sat there looking like that and I couldn't help it but I know it was out of or-"

She put her hand over his mouth, stopping his rambling. She smiled.

"It's okay Harry, I kissed back"

He grinned, realising she didn't pull away in disgust. He hugged her frame, looking up at her with glee.

"What now?"

Harry questioned worryingly. Melanie sighed. This was a rift in in Mrs Brooks's otherwise perfect plan.

But her beloved daughter had a rebellious side.

But it wasn't just the thought of going against her mother's word that made her pull Harry into another kiss, she just wanted to anyway.

She didn't want to admit it to herself, but she had been dreaming of this moment.

She could recall a small amount of jealousy bubbling in her stomach when Harry had his first girlfriend since the two stopped talking.

She saw them from a distance, holding hands and sharing ear phones. If she had the confidence, she would go up to them and tell the girl that Harry and her used to do the same thing. But she didn't.