~33~

Jimin enters in the order for table 23 before going to grab refills for table 26. When he gets to the drink station, it's all out of cups. "What the fuck..."

He walks to the dishpit and is greeted with a huge pile of dirty plates and cups. Has no one been running dish?

He runs a load of cups before grabbing the two refills and rushes back to his table.

"Sorry about the wait. Here you are."

His customer chuckles. "I don't know why it takes 10 minutes to get a cup of sweet tea."

Jimin bites his tongue. "Sorry. I had to wash some cups."

"Y'all don't have a dishwasher?"

"Not during Friday mornings, sir. It's all up to the servers."

"Alright. Is the kitchen still working on our egg rolls? It's been 15 minutes."

"I'll go check on that." He walks away and goes to the kitchen. "Hey Junior, how much longer for the egg rolls?"

"Egg rolls? We didn't get an order for egg rolls. Did you forget to put it in?"

Jimin shakes his head. "No-shit. I did. Can you make me some egg rolls really quickly?"

"Sure. Just ring them in."

Jimin rings them in a waits 5 more minutes for his egg rolls. As soon as they're up, he grabs them. "Thank you!"

He brings them to the table. "Here you are."

The customer huffs. "Can I order my meal now? It'll need to be to go because I have somewhere to be."

Jimin pauses before pulling out his note pad. "Of course. What can I get for you?"

"I want the Poke bowl with none of the seasoning."

While Jimin is writing the order down, the customer takes a bite of an egg roll. "Wheres the shrimp?"

Jimin looks down. "Oh. The kitchen must've been mistaken. I'm sorry, I'll grab you the non-vegetarian rolls as soon as-"

"Just have it taken off of the check." He pushes the plate away. "Actually, I've lost my appetite. How much did my drink cost?"

"I'd have to check-"

The customer pulls his wallet out and puts a $5 bill on the table. "That should cover it." He stands up and walks out of the restaurant.

Jimin feels his eyes fill with tears. The host taps him on the shoulder. "Hey, you have table 56 and table 45. There also someone at the front asking to sit in your section."

Jimin bursts into tears. "I already have 5 tables."

The host frowns. "I'll ask someone else to take them. Are you sure you don't want the person who asked for you?"

Jimin wipes his tears away and walks up to the host stand. He sees Jungkook waiting there. "Hey babe-wait, you're crying. Why are you crying?"

Jimin walks into his arms and just cries against his shoulder. "I'm having the worst day ever."

"Do you have too many tables or are your tables mean?"

"Both..."

"I was gonna sit in your section. I'll leave if you're too busy. I don't want to overwhelm you."

Jimin sniffles. "It would be best if you left... I don't have time to talk to you anyways."

"You're coming over later, right?"

"That's the plan."

"When does your shift end?"

"I work tonight, so probably around 10."

Jungkook frowns and pulls him into another hug. "I'm sorry you're having a tough time."

-

How obvious is it that I'm a server and that I went through this today at work😃