~8~

This book is gonna be painful. Every chapter is going to feel like they're about to kiss, but it's just not gonna happen.

-

After a few minutes of waiting, Jimin sees Jungkook sitting on one of the couches. When they lock eyes, Jungkook motions for him to walk over. He makes his way through the crowd of people and sits down next to him.

"Where's that drink you talked about?"

"They're out of beer. Your friend Namjoon is going to get more."

Jimin scoots closer to him and Jungkook wraps his arm around his shoulders. Jimin doesn't usually get this close with someone this fast, but there's an inexplicable connection between the two of them. He feels comfortable around him.

"So, how long have you been skating for?"

Jungkook chuckles. "You ask me so many questions."

Jimin hits his chest lightly. "I'm trying to get to know you."

"I've been skating for about 11 years. I started when I was 8."

Jimin coos. "Aww, You're a year younger than me. That's adorable."

Jungkook grins and looks Jimin up and down. "Are you wearing perfume right now?"

He giggles. "Maybe I am. Why do you ask?"

"You smell like candy."

"Is that a good thing?"

"Yeah. It smells good. What is it?"

"Prada candy."

They continue talking like this for the rest of the night. Everyone around them tries to look away, almost like even glancing at them would be intruding on a private moment.

Hoseok considers joining the conversation but chickens out. They seemed like they were in their own little world.

And they were. They completely forgot that they were at a party.

When the clock hits 2AM, Jungkook ends the conversation. "You're about to fall asleep. Let me drive you home."

Jimin rubs his eyes and yawns. "Okay."

-