~19~

Jimin walks to the skatepark the next day and sees Jungkook sitting on the bench all alone. He looks distant and distraught.

Jimin walks over to him. "Hey..." He sits down and waits for Jungkook to acknowledge him.

Jungkook looks at him and Jimin can see the pain in his eyes. "You know... If I had known that us hooking up would completely ruin our friendship or relationship or whatever we have, I wouldn't have gone through with it."

Jimin gulps. "I guess we're just jumping straight into this conversation..."

"You've put it off for almost a month now. It's way overdue, so we might as well just get it over with. Jimin, you should've just told me that you were uncomfortable with it. I asked you and you said you were okay with it. You could've said that you weren't and I would've completely understood."

"I didn't feel uncomfortable until I woke up. It didn't feel right."

"Why?"

"Because I realized that I may or may not have had some some feelings for you..."

"Had? Past tense?"

"I... I don't know. We just haven't talked in a while, so I'm not sure. All I know is that I really miss you."

"You're the one who ghosted me for a whole fucking month. If you missed me, you should've talked to me earlier."

Jimin shakes his head and tears up. "I couldn't."

"Why the fuck not?"

"I was really confused and I just needed some time away from you."

"You could've told me that. A call or even a text would've been nice."

Jimin sniffles and looks down at the ground. "I know... I'm sorry..."

"You really hurt me."

"I hope you can forgive me."

Jungkook hesitantly grabs Jimin's hand. "Let's just pretend that night and the past month didn't happen at all."

"Okay. I'll try."

"If you ever figure out your feelings for me, just talk to me about it."

"It's kinda hard to tell someone that you like them when they don't like you back."

"You gotta be fucking kidding me. Who said I don't like you back? I do like you."

"As a friend."

"No. I have genuine feelings for you. If you had just talked to me about this, I could've told you that sooner."

Jimin blushes and opens his mouth to talk, but he's cut off.

Jungkook stands up. "I have to go to work, but I get off around 3. Swing by my apartment and we can talk more."

Jimin nods and watches him walk away.

-