Chapter-34

Ashton's POV

Next day, I woke up feeling as if I was in seventh heaven. The gush of emotions from last night's events wasn't ready to leave my side, and I am not complaining either. It feels like eternity since I've felt something so genuine from within for someone. I didn't even realise when a ghost of a smile made it's way to my lips and when I caught myself smiling, I felt so silly yet giddy.
I am giving an exemplary portrayal of a full grown 28 year old man behaving like a 17 year old teenage girl. Classic.

Without wasting much time I showered and headed out of my room. I walked through the corridor and stopped in front of Arinya's room. I did not want to have breakfast alone when she's staying here. Well yes, it's another major excuse to look at her beautiful face in the morning before I bump into someone else.

I contemplated on whether to knock the door or not.
"What if she hasn't woken up yet and I disturb her sleep? But I don't want to eat alone either. Should I knock? Ah, I think I shouldn't...but she's an early riser so she must be up until now..."

I was over-analysing the most simplified action as if my entire life depended on it.
Ashton, we've the concept of knocking the door to know whether the person is available or not. For the love of god, stop complicating it . My mind snapped.

"God, I am legitimately cringing the living crap out of myself now." I muttered under my breath and knocked the door but got no reply from the other side. I knocked once again but she still didn't revert back.

With a dejected expression, I walked past her room and descended the stairs. Just as I reached the dining area, I found her sitting alone with her chin resting on  her fists. She looked adorable whilst she was busy contemplating about who knows what in her mind.

"Good morning." I greeted and smiled brightly at her. She got a bit startled and jumped at my sudden call.

"Good morning." She greeted back and sat with her back upright.

"Did you sleep well last night?" I asked while pulling out a chair for myself.

"Yeah." She replied shortly.

"Had your breakfast?" I asked another question to refrain us from having that awkward silence situation.

"Not yet." She replied and started staring back at her nails.
Why is she so quiet today? Is something wrong? Did I take things a little too far last night?

"When did you wake up?" I tried again to keep the conversation going.

"At 5." She replied.

"Why?? I mean you should rest properly. Besides you have to work from home so you could've slept some more." I stated.

"I..I actually..." She tried forming a sentence but couldn't succeed which made my suspicions even stronger.

"Arinya look at me." I adjusted in my seat to have a closer look of her face. She also averted her gaze towards me.

"What's wrong? Aren't you feeling comfortable here?" I asked with genuine concern.

"No..I.." She again shifted her sight at her hands and started playing with her fingers subconsciously. I caught her off-guard by lifting her chin up gently with my thumb to make eye contact. Later I held both her palms in mine. She stiffened a little at first but relaxed immediately when her promising gaze bore into mine.

"Now tell, what's going on in that pretty little head of yours." I said and she chuckled briefly, not breaking the eye contact.

"I..I had a nightmare last night of what all happened yesterday...After that I couldn't even get myself to close my eyes." She shut her eyes in exhaustion for a brief second and continued.