Chapter-25

Ashton's POV

Yet again the time of the year has arrived where I buckle up to prove the world, what the actual power of my name in the business is. Well, taking all the credits myself won't be justifiable because my employees too work hard for the big event and for the rest of the year as well.

Yesterday as I got to know the date of the event which is basically 2 weeks from now, I immediately conversed with Miss Wilson. Since every company is always given only a week to prepare the designs and send it to the jury so the moment we got informed about it, we started working on it. I finalized the team and made it very clear to everybody present in the room that they're supposed to do the job perfectly. All of them obliged and Miss Wilson designated duties to everyone in the team.

I woke up early, hit the gym and came back to get ready for the office. Just as I was all set to step out of the penthouse, I received a call from my mum. I instantly answered the call.

"Hey Mom!! How are you?" I asked cheerily.

"Ashton come to the mansion right away...your dad and I wants to talk about something important." She said and dismissed the call.

"What happened mom---" I asked worriedly.

"Don't ask too much questions, just come." She said and hung up on me.

I got so worried as to why she wants to see me just right now and why did she cut the call so abruptly. I re-dialled her number but she didn't answer. Without thinking twice, I grabbed my car keys and left to meet my parents. Throughout my entire drive, I was constantly thinking about what could my parents possibly want to talk about so urgently. When I reached the mansion and stepped inside, until then I hadn't realised that how busy I've become in my own life that it's been so long since I've come here.

"Where's mom and dad?" I asked one of the house help at the entrance.

"Sir, they're waiting for you in the living hall." She replied and I made my way towards them.

"Mom Dad!!" I exclaimed in joy when I saw them. Both of them stood up and I hugged them. Ah! I've missed this so much.

"What's the emergency mom?" I asked.

"Don't you mom me okay. You don't have time for your parents these days." She pulled my ear and scolded me.

"I am so sorry guys but it's not like that..." I apologized genuinely.

"Have a seat son." Dad spoke and all of us got seated.

"Is everything okay?" I asked again.

"We've got a surprise for you." Dad spoke and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.
Surprise? What could it be?

"Close your eyes hun." Mom instructed sweetly.

"Mom I'm not a kid anymore." I said.

"Do as I say." She ordered and I huffed but closed my eyes.
I heard muffled voices of my parents.

"There you go, open your eyes." Mom said cheerily.

I opened my eyes and blinked a few times seeing the live figure, my parents surprised me with.

"Aiden..." I said loudly and walked upto him. I was so happy to see my younger brother back again.

"How have you been? When did you come back? Why didn't you tell me earlier?" I bombarded him with questions.

"Easy there young man." Dad chuckled.

"I am doing great, well I came back yesterday but mom and dad didn't let me call you so they can surprise you." Aiden answered. I nodded and pulled him in a brotherly embrace.