Chapter-22

Arinya's POV

My heart was thumping faster than the speed of light in my chest. For the first time in my life I experienced intimacy with a man without feeling even a bit of discomfort and that was utterly uncanny for me. When I realised things were escalating too fast in the process, I asked him to stop. He kissed my head and stopped that very instant. My heart literally swelled at his gesture. When he said he won't ever do anything against my will, I could see a true gentleman in all regards standing in front of me
His words made a home in my heart and I respect him a lot.

Not to forget, how my knees turned into jelly and how the butterflies were flipping in my stomach like there's no tomorrow. Yes, I too got carried away in the moment when he started showering feather kisses all over me but I didn't feel that I was doing anything wrong for once. I have no explanation for why I did what I did but all that I know is just because it was Ashton, that's why I could let myself go with the flow and get lost in that moment. Otherwise, if a man only touches me, intentionally or unintentionally, all my senses activates creating a havoc of anxiety in me.
Ashton's touch always feels so pure.

Have I started liking Ashton? My boss?
No no no no it can't be that... But maybe it is because I haven't felt happy and content in my own skin and if we talk about a wider picture, my own self. He makes me feel worthy. I have noticed that I am way more comfortable and confident when I am by his side.

Oh no what have I done. I panicked a bit at the thought of having shared a moment with my boss.

"You okay?" Ashton said in a husky voice. I didn't realize my head was still resting on his chest. I looked straight in his hazel eyes and the electricity ran through me again.

"Yes." I stated genuinely and smiled. He shot back his amazing smile at me.

"Will this make things awkward between us now?" He asked in a straightforward manner.

"Uh no, I guess." I thought for a moment and replied back.

"Okay, I think we should get out of the shower and have dinner now." He said.
I realized that we were still in the shower and lukewarm water was dripping over us.

"Yeah." I said and took my hands off his torso.

"Ah wait, today has really proven to be our extreme unofficial day so I won't keep it to myself." He said and I looked at him confusedly.

He bent an inch and spoke in the sexiest voice ever in my ear.
"You look incredibly hot right now and know that what we shared today wasn't a mistake for me and never will be."

I dunk my head little downwards because his words made my heart flutter causing my cheeks burn. 
"I like that blush too." He cupped my right cheek with his hand and caressed it with his thumb.

I looked at him and said.
"Thanks for everything."

"Thank me again and I won't let you step outta this shower the whole night." He said playfully and let out a small laugh. I just nodded my head in agreement playing along.

He turned the shower off.
"I'll go change in another bathroom, you too change fast and come downstairs." He said and handed me a towel from the stand. He started walking outside and it then dawned on me that I don't have a spare dress to change in.

"Oh no..." I said a little loudly and he stopped and turned to face me.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I..I don't have a spare dress." I said and looked down at my drenched self. My gown was dripping wet by that time.

"Uh wait a minute." He thought for a while and walked out. I started shivering a little by the time he came back with a hoodie and drawstring sweatpants. He handed me those and said.