Chapter-26

Arinya's POV

I hadn't even recovered from what just happened on the floor with Ashton and now I am practically hiding from three men standing in the same room.
I still can't understand the logic as to why Ashton told me to hide. We could've simply stood up and acted as if we were just having a regular professional meeting.
God knows since when I've started talking this way. My mind is officially corrupted now.

He somehow managed to handle the situation but the universe planned to oppose us right in the moment and my phone rang.
Jesus, this is not the time...please stop calling me whosoever it is!

I rushed to find my phone in my pockets hastily but couldn't find it. I took a deep breath to think straight. I noticed that the sound of ringtone was coming from somewhere near me and basically from the other side of the couch.
Great, just great.

I recalled the events that happened when I fell on the floor along with Ashton over me. I remembered that I had my phone in my hand when I came to his cabin. Later when I stubbed my heel on the foot of the couch and I lost my balance, the phone in my hand automatically dropped onto the floor even before I did and might as well it would've slid below the couch.

I heard the mumbling of 4 men debating on where the sound of ringtone was coming from. Ashton kept trying to convince them that the sound is coming from somewhere else but the three men didn't budge at all and kept saying that it's coming from this particular office only. I took it as an opportunity to find my phone while they're busy talking-cum-arguing.

I crouched and stretched one of my hand below the couch in the hope of reaching upto my phone. I tapped on every part of the floor that my hand could practically reach but had no such luck of finding my phone. After uncountable attempts, I couldn't touch my phone and it didn't either stop ringing.

Later after a few moments the ringing stopped but just as I got a bit relaxed,it started to ring again.
For heaven's sake, cut the call dear caller.

I eventually slumped onto the floor completely to look below the couch properly. I finally saw the light emerging from the troublesome device and stretched my forearm forward to grab it. Just as I was about to slide the phone on my side, I felt a touch or more precisely a tap on the back of my hand. I let out a high-pitched shriek at the sudden contact of something on my skin and retracted my hand with a sudden force. My eyes automatically got shut tightly and I clamped my free hand over my mouth but unfortunately the damage was already done.

With all due courage, I looked on the other side from below the couch and saw someone on the other side, lying outstretched on the floor just like me.
It was Riyan. He literally waved me from the other side and mouthed "Hey."
I let out a nervous chuckle in response.
Can the mother earth please swallow me just now.

He got up swiftly and within a moment he was standing in front of me. It was so awkward as I was lying on my stomach and outstretched legs.

"Indeed some sneaky stuff happening in here." Riyan looked at me and winked.

He held out a hand to help me stand but that was exactly what I didn't want to do at that moment. If I'll stand, I'll have to face the three other gentlemen present in the room. However, I knew I couldn't stay like this forever so I held Riyan's hand and got up.

"Thanks." I said in a low voice.

My eyes met Ashton and it was so embarrassing. He was covering his mouth with his palm and scratching his stubble with one finger.

"Arinya." Aaron said surprisingly and chuckled afterwards.

The other man who I saw downstairs with Ashton was also standing with Aaron. The conversations that I overheard from behind the couch, I now know that his name is Aiden.
I am presuming that all of them are friends and he might be one of the most famous celebrity of USA whom I don't know of.