Chapter-23

Ashton's POV

When I reached back home, I had a bittersweet feeling. I somewhere felt a void in the atmosphere after dropping off Arinya to her place but at the same time I was content to have spent quality time with her. I am usually always busy with my work stuff which makes it hard for me to enjoy life as it comes but today I enjoyed the day thoroughly.

Frankly, the few hours that I spent with Arinya alone were the best. I was more than happy to help her in every way possible and the moment we shared was pure bliss for me, in a sensuous as well as emotional regard. We ate together, we talked freely keeping aside our professional equation and if I believe my heart I really want to keep it the same way only. I kept on teasing her with my sarcastic remarks and the best part was that the things didn't get awkward between us even after the sequences of events that happened.

This is a strange feeling because I have always been self sufficient when it comes to my life. I mean I obviously need and want my family and friends to be there to support me and just be by my side but I've never felt the desire to have someone's mere presence in my life.
Perhaps the void that I feel right now indicates what all I want is Arinya's presence in my life.

I may have started liking her but I can't just proclaim it yet. Maybe what I feel apparently is just infatuation or maybe I am only attracted to her because she is undeniably the most beautiful woman inside out.
But what if it really means something because this feeling I get when I am around her is incontrovertibly very new to me?
I have never felt this way with even a single woman I've ever dated, not even with Natalia.

Arinya truly got under my skin just with her innocent self and actions. Indeed, she is a mystery to me but I am more than sure to solve this mystery all by myself.

I didn't realise when I fell asleep thinking about her. I woke up in an ecstatic mood. I never thought I'd say this, but I am somehow excited to go to office also so that I can see Arinya and check up on her. I am hoping that I get to see her.
Damn it man, she's all over my mind.
I huffed loudly and got ready to leave for office.

I reached office at my regular timing. I called my assistant to my cabin to brief me about everything important that happened yesterday in my absence, basically all that whatever needs to be in my notice. She came in with my black coffee and filled me in with all the on-going project details and informed me my schedule for the day. I dismissed her and started working on my laptop. I only took a day off from work but it feels as if a lot of work has piled up. Sure, call it weird.

I was completely absorbed in my work when I heard a knock on the door. I voiced "come in" to whoever the person was without taking my eyes off from the laptop. When the person stood on the other side of the desk, I knew who she was. I recognised the pleasant and calming lavender and lily scent. I almost sprained my neck as I craned my head upwards so fast to lock eyes with her.

"What brings you here..uh I mean..Is everything okay?" I asked her.

"Yes Sir." She replied. Oh so we're back at it again.

"You needn't call me Sir...as in when nobody else is around. Ashton works fine when we are alone." I stated trying not to sound too desperate and informal but might as well failed miserably at it. The truth is I love hearing my name when she says it.

"Uh...okay." She thought for a while and said. She seemed quite shy and was trying to avoid eye contact as well.
Is she regretting what happened yesterday?

"Have a seat." I asked her to sit.

"Thank you but I just came to return these back." She held out a bag which I didn't realise she was holding all this while until that very moment. I looked at her in confusion.