Chapter-2

Ashton's POV

I woke up at 7:30 AM and slipped into my gym clothes. I usually workout for 30-40 minutes in the morning everyday before getting ready for work because I strongly believe that fitness is as essential as eating or sleeping.

After workout I got back to my penthouse and went straight to my bedroom. I took a relaxing warm shower.

I used to live with my parents in the King's mansion before but last year I decided to just buy a house of my own. This doesn't mean that I don't like living with my parents or anything but I certainly needed some privacy. At first, my mother insisted me to stay back with them but later she agreed to my decision happily.

I have a younger brother too, Aiden King. I love him and I care about him a lot too...but the sad thing is, that guilt still resides within him somewhere and that's the reason why he is an introvert now.
I just hope that he recovers from that remorse soon and starts living a happy life.

I love my family more than anyone or anything in this whole wide world including myself. I consider them my pillars of strength and I can do anything for my family's happiness.

When my company signed the contract to design this entire building, I eventually decided to just go ahead with the decision of moving out of my parent's house. Also this penthouse has the most exquisite skyline view of New York and interiors are designed with sheer perfection.
And what's the point of being the CEO of the topmost Architecture & Designs company if you can't have this breathtakingly amazing view from your own house. Isn't it?

I put on my work clothes and headed downstairs to eat breakfast. I quickly ate my breakfast that was already served on the dining table.Though I live alone here but the chef and maids come early in the morning at their given time and leave after doing the needful.

I grabbed my car keys and left home. I reached my office at 9:10 AM. All the employees are required to reach office at 9 AM sharp.

I was sitting in my office examining the designs for our new project.
I immediately picked up the intercom receiver and called my assistant.

"Send Interior design team manager to my cabin right now." I ordered and cut the call.

Exactly after 5 minutes, there was a knock on the door. Sharon Wilson, the head of the design team entered after I asked her to come in.

"Good Morning Sir.. You asked for me." She greeted.

I gestured her to sit.

"Yes. I did." I replied and tossed the designs to the other side of the desk.

"Will you bother to tell, what are these?" I asked while she took the pile of papers in her hand and examined them thoroughly.

"Yes Sir..These are some of the extraordinary designs for the new Manhattan project." She answered confidently putting the papers back on the desk.

"Hold on. Come again." I said raising an eyebrow.

"Huh.. Sorry Sir, I.. I didn't get you." She replied with a confused look on her face.

"Repeat what you just said." I whispered.

"Sir these are the designs for the new Manhattan Project." She replied nervously.

"No...No I want to hear the word again that you just used to describe these designs seconds before." I said pointing towards the papers.

"Umm Sorry sir.. I.. I don't remember what I said." She shook her head.

"Extraordinary, that's what you said." I rebuked and banged my hand on the desk loudly which made her nervous even more.

"I don't pay you and the entire team to design this garbage for me. I don't need this shit, I. NEED.PERFECTION....Do you understand that?" I spoke in a dangerously angry voice.

She nodded.

"You guys better get your act together and give me the best results until tomorrow morning, otherwise be ready to bear the consequences. Now leave. And yes take this *extraordinary* trash of yours out of my sight". I ordered.

"Yes Sir." She instantly grabbed the designs, stood up from her chair and left my cabin.

I took a deep breath and took a sip of water to calm myself a little. I heard a click on the door and saw the two men entering the cabin.
Riyan Stevens and Aaron Allen.

"You guys just can't barge into my office like that always." I said in a mocking tone while standing up.

"We can." Came the reply from Riyan.

"And we will." Aaron spoke.

"Always." They both said in unison.

"Unless you're doing something fishy in a locked room." Riyan said sarcastically and both of them laughed.

I too laughed at their childishness. I stepped ahead and engulfed both of them in a hug.

We three are best friends. Well we've been friends since we three used to be in diapers. Our fathers were school friends too and I guess we just kept the legacy going.We went to the same school as well.

Then, I chose to study Architecture & Designing in college and today I run the highest grossing company of New York in this business.
Riyan chose acting and modelling as his career and at present he is an international actor and model in demand.
Aaron chose to take over his dad's hotel business after college. He worked so hard and currently he owns a chain of hotels and resorts in New York.

Although our career paths were different and we went to different colleges but that never came in the way of our friendship. Our bond has just grown stronger every passing day and I am grateful for that. 

I consider them my family. They're more like brothers to me. Nobody knows me better than these two excluding my parents.

All three of us are impeccably successful in our own careers. Well, every top magazine cover says the same. The world consider us celebrities which is the result of our hard work and determination.

___________________________________________
Thanks for reading.
Please Vote, Share & Comment.