Chapter-37

Arinya's POV

I knocked back into consciousness accompanied by a throbbing head. The blindfold was still intact on my eyes and I could sense myself being tied on a chair. I coughed uncontrollably as my mouth felt extremely dry.

"Hello? Anyone in here?" I tried to speak at the highest level my vocal chords let me to. My voice had already turned hoarse, maybe due to fear.

"Arinya.." I heard Aiden's voice from somewhere very near to me.

"Hey-hey, you okay Aiden?" I asked impatiently.

"Yeah I am fine. Are you?" He asked in return.

"Yes." I answered but I could feel the worry and anxiety churning inside me like a tornado.

"How do we get out of here?" He asked calmly.

"Aiden I--I am so sorry, this happened to you all because of me.." I cried helplessly and the waterworks wet my blindfold too which only added more annoyance to my already frustrated state.

I really felt bad that Aiden too got stuck in here for no reason.
But who are these people and what do they want from us?

"Hey, none of this is your fault..you just relax. We'll definitely find a way to get us out of here." He consoled me.

"Oh my my, the helpless creatures are being quite optimistic. I appreciate the effort of your brain cells." A voice boomed in air and it belonged to one of the kidnapper's.

"I hate to break this to you pretty one, but that's not happening anytime soon." I shrieked when the another kidnapper appeared out of somewhere adjacent to me and whispered in my ear huskily. The chills running down my spine came rushing in unlimited amounts.
I could've died of a heart attack just right now for the stunt he pulled.

"Plea--please atleast let us know why are we here?" I asked.

"Ah, it's such a shame to keep the lady waiting...I guess we should unleash surprise number 1." The guy standing beside me tapped his fingernails on the armrest of my chair, for all I could analyse with my hearing capabilities.

After a moment of silence, I felt the blindfold being taken off my eyes. I opened my eyes and found myself in a decent looking room and it was dimly lit.

I don't know why but in my mind I was expecting the room to be a complete wreck, just like the one David kept me in. That seemed more like a typical kidnapping place but this room was well furnished and looked all put together with intricate interiors.

Ugh no Ari, it's most definitely the worst timing to compare your two kidnapping scenes and for god's sake stop channeling your inner interior designer.

Aiden was also tied parallel to me on another chair and his blind fold was also taken off. The two kidnappers were in their same attire so we couldn't see their faces.

"Ready for the showdown?" He asked looking straight in my direction.

"Yeah." I replied in a low voice, unsure of what the future beholds for me and what these two wicked people have in their minds.

He walked towards me and held out his phone. He tapped a few times on the screen and then turned his phone in my direction.

What I saw next made my blood turn cold. I couldn't blink, move, speak or process anything. My heart skipped a beat due to the terrorizing picture I saw.
My mouth hung open but no word dared to slip. My stomach turned into a bundle of knots which grew tighter and tighter with every passing second.