Chapter-45

Arinya's POV

Aiden's words surged a wave of positivity and strength through me. I am still fully not aware of how would I be able to narrate my story or where will I start from but, for what it's worth I somehow know it in my heart that it'll all be fine.

Working hours for the day ended and I got back to the apartment with Elle. Meanwhile Elle relaxed on the couch while ordering pizza for dinner, I went to take a quick shower. I slipped into an oversized plain shirt and a pair of jeans. I also grabbed a sling hanging in my wardrobe and dumped my belongings in it.

"If the comfort-police got a lead on you wearing jeans to bed, you're sure shot getting arrested."
Elle commented when I made my way to the living room, which earned her a chortle from me.

"I am going to Ashton's place post-dinner. As much as he tried to keep it to himself but I could gauge his low spirits when I moved out of the penthouse this morning."
I said and she softly smiled.

"You should definitely go then. He'll feel better."
She said in understanding.

"Also, I have decided to let all my past experiences tales out to him."
I informed her while nervously playing with the thin strap of my sling bag.

"Tonight?" She gazed at me with concern filled eyes.

"Hopefully." I answered.

"That's quite a move babe."
She jumped off the couch and held my fists in her hand. Her voice fully depicted encouragement.

"But are you mentally prepared and ready yourself?" She asked.

"I believe so." I nodded.
She hugged me and cooed empowering words in my ear.

Afterwards, Elle and I had the most epic time eating together and laughing at stuff which didn't even make sense to us either. I left at 9:30 in a cab after Elle strictly lectured me to be attentive throughout the drive and instantly call her if I find anything fishy. She even assertively told the cab driver to safely drop me and the poor man humbly agreed to her.

She's such a mom and no, I am not complaining. I just love her!

Around twenty minutes later, I was standing just outside Ashton's penthouse. First thing I did was to inform Elle via text message that I've reached harmlessly and nobody made an attempt at hijacking my bones and flesh. Not gonna lie, I internally laughed at my pathetic, sad joke.

I keyed in the password and silently twisted the key in the keyhole. I stepped inside when the door unlocked. I saw Ashton standing in the kitchen with his back turned on me. He had a glass of water in his one hand and his phone in another. He was furiously tapping on his phone's screen, or atleast what all I could gauge from a distance.

I silently tiptoed my way into the living room. The kitchen area had a clear pathway connect from the living from, thus I could see him more clearly now. I dropped my sling on the couch after taking out my handkerchief. I also picked up the TV remote that was lying on the coffee table and continued my tiptoeing journey until I made it to the kitchen. He absolutely did not acknowledge my presence as he was still busy with his phone and a glass of water intact in his left hand's grip.

Boy, is someone absent-minded in a place so dwarf? Pun intended!

I moved a few silent steps forward, undoubtedly looking like someone with robbery on her mind. When I was standing behind his back, I inhaled a deep breath and placed the handkerchief over my mouth.