Chapter-57

Ashton's POV

I left for an important meeting a few hours after Arinya and I came to office, hand-in-hand, might I add. Every time I get the opportunity to tell the world that this lady is my wife, my heart swells with joy and pride.

I texted her that I'll be off for a meeting and asked her to have lunch on time. I left for the meeting which was arranged in a fine-dine restaurant and considering the traffic situation it might take about 40 minutes to reach.

My driver dropped me off to the venue and the restaurant manager escorted me to the private seating area where the clients were waiting. We shared our formal pleasantries and soon the waiter came to take our order. The meeting began shortly and the waiter came along with the food.

As the waiter was serving, his hand mistakenly knocked over the glass that was barely filled with water. A few droplets spilled on my pants and to my luck, I was wearing black so it wasn't prominent at all. I was really annoyed but when I saw the young waiter's face which clearly depicted horror as he apologised incessantly, I decided to control my temper.

"It's fine, just be more alert and careful while you're working."
I normally stated and he passed me another apologetic smile.

"Please excuse me for a moment, I'll be back."
I told the clients and excused myself to the washroom.

"Sure."
The man smiled and nodded at me curtly.

I entered the washroom and as I was cleaning myself up, somebody else entered too and walked from behind me. He caught my attention when he carefully glanced at me from head to toe in a minute second as I could see him in the mirror in front of me. He seemed weird because his face had a mask on and he was wearing a cap and a bulky leather jacket. When I gazed at him intently, he passed by me. It felt as if he's intentionally trying to hide from someone. My train of thoughts was broken when my phone buzzed. I fished it out of my suit jacket and instantly received the call.

"Hi." It was Arinya.

"Hey love." I replied.

"Did you have your lunch yet?" She questioned.

"Yeah, I am having lunch with some clients today." I answered.

"Cool." She replied.

"Did you?" I asked this time.

"Yes I felt so happy eating with three of my cuties after so long."
She answered cheerfully and I smiled fondly at her.

"Another one of your cutie is missing you terribly."
I whispered.

"Who I may ask?" She teased.

"He'll let you know in a better way."
I mumbled and she just remained calm for a second, of course trying to comprehend what to say.

"By the way, when will you be back."
She asked sweetly, changing the subject.

"I have another meeting after this one, so I'll see you directly at home. Also I have informed my driver to drop you off."
I informed.

"Okay see you then."
She said.

We hung up and I head back to my clients. The meeting went well. We shook hands and parted ways. I was in the lobby when I felt a presence behind me. I turned around only to find it empty.
I brushed off my thoughts and walked out of the building while tapping on my phone. My driver was already waiting outside for me. I gestured him to keep sitting in the drivers's seat and not to come out to hold the door for me.