Chapter-20

Arinya's POV

After the ceremony, we exited through the VIP exit. To be honest, I felt so many emotions throughout the day. My insides were doing somersaults the entire time I was besides Mr King. He is looking devilishly handsome today and practically every woman in the room was perving on him and not to forget the daggers they were throwing at me by their looks. Not their fault, he indeed looks like a greek god today.

Also, my heart was drumming at an alarming rate when he held my hand in his while he drove us to the event. I have never reacted that way to someone's touch. I usually feel uncomfortable in situations like these but this felt inexplicably different in a comforting sense. Not to lie, I was holding my emotions up atleast fine and was in my sanity just because of Mr King. He kept assuring me that he'll protect me no matter what.

Also, Riyan and Aaron too are going out of their ways to help me out. I have no clue how to repay them for their generosity as it isn't about anything materialistic rather it keeps an emotional value for me. Apparently, they themselves don't demand anything for me out of all this, they themselves are helping me out in terms of humanity and nobility. These three are well brought up men and I owe a lot to them.

Mr King held the car door open for me and helped me with the dress. He walked towards the other side and slid in on the driver's seat. Riyan and Aaron were supposed to follow us to the destination in the other car. Also Mr King's bodyguards followed us in another car.
The moment I sat in Mr King's car, my nerves started to kick in. A lot of thoughts clouded my vision and I again fell in the dark hole of unanswered questions. I didn't understand why does that person needs to meet me near my real house? How does he know about that? What wrong have I done to anyone in my entire life to face all of this in the first place?

I came out of my trance when I felt a presence in very close proximity to me. Mr King's enticing cologne made my internal organs dance in amusement and my heart again started thumping at a ridiculously fast pace.

"Stop thinking too much." He said in a very sensusos voice. He was hovering over me a little to buckle my seatbelt on which I certainly forgot to as I was deep diving in my pool of anxiety. His head stood merely inches closer to my face.

"I..." My stupid little brain couldn't even form a simple sentence. Heat crawled up my cheeks. He looked at me for few seconds then straightened his back and started the ignition. I heaved a breath I didn't know I was holding.

After half an hour of driving, the moment arrived that I was fearing. Mr King stopped the car just a lane away from my house. I knew the area pretty well because I've lived here my entire life, well I used to. Though Elle's apartment is also only 10 minutes drive away from here but coming so close to my real house uncovered the unhealed wounds.

"Take this transmitter, with it's help we'll be able to hear you the entire time and listen to me carefully now, we all will be hiding near you only.  You only need to walk up till the exact location where he wants to meet with you, rest we'll handle everything. You don't need to worry about a single thing." He handed me a transmitter and I fixed it in my ear.

"I..I don't know if I can do this? What if something goes wrong and..." I spoke with uncertainty filled voice.

"Sshhhh everything'll be okay." He kept a finger on my lips and I stopped muttering. Goosebumps rose all over my body.

We stepped out of the car and Riyan and Aaron joined us too. The bodyguards stood at a few steps away from the four of us.
The four of us walked towards the street where my house was situated.

"Text the stalker that you've reached near your house. We'll be hiding here so he won't see us." Mr King said and I texted the stalker. They hid a little far from my house and I started walking.