Chapter-11

Ashton's POV

We reached my office at 9:20 AM. Aaron and I drove together as we had a meeting with Arinya at 9:30 in the morning for his hotel's project. We straight went up to my office and I called my assistant.

"Miss Rose, inform Miss Young to come to my office for Aaron's hotel project's meeting." I ordered her.

"Okay Sir." She replied.

A while later the intercom buzzed and I picked up the receiver to answer.

"Yes." I spoke in a bossy voice.

"Sir, Miss Young isn't in her cabin." My assistant informed me.

I cut the call frustratingly. I don't tolerate tardiness at all. But she doesn't seem to be the one to get late or not get her work done on time. I informed Aaron that she isn't in the office at the moment.

"Oh well no problem, Since we three are having our lunch together today...we'll just have the meeting after that if she'll be here in the office." He said standing up from the chair.
Riyan, Aaron and I have this tradition of having our lunch together atleast twice or thrice in a week. So yeah, today is one of those days.

"Well sorry man, you came here and it was all just a waste of your time." I replied.

"Oh come on dude!" He said and gave me a side-hug. "See you at lunch."

"Sure."  I whispered.

With that he left my office. I sat on my chair and starting searching for a particular file on my desk. I stood up and started searching for it on my shelf when I didn't find it on my desk. Suddenly, I recalled that I took the file with me last night when I left for home. I let out a frustrated sigh because I needed the file at the moment. Already a lot of time was wasted this morning because of that woman not showing up for the meeting on time and now I'll have to go back home to collect that file.

I took out my phone from my pocket and called my driver to bring the car from my private parking lot to the front of the building. I stepped in my personal elevator and reached the ground floor. I could see every employee's body language changing from very casual to a stiff or formal position. Everyone greeted me and I gave them a curt nod and exited the building.

My car was parked at the immediate front of the building and my bodyguard had the car door opened for me. He too greeted me and I slightly nodded at him. I was about to step into the car when I saw that son of my father's friend, what was his name... Oh yeah David. He came out of the office building and rushed towards his car in a hurry. But what actually intrigued me was the woman in his arms. I couldn't see her face as it was facing to the other side. In spite of that I was sure who she was. I identified her by her black hair and her dressing sense and she was none other than Arinya Young. She was clutching one of David's shoulder by one of her arms and her head was resting on his other shoulder. Wow she's always so nervous around people and just look at her now. Enjoying being in a man's arms. On top of that she didn't even show up for the meeting and all this shit explains why she didn't.

David opened his car door and placed her in the passenger's seat. I still couldn't see her face properly as it was tilted towards him. David leaned in a little and kissed on her cheek. How fucking romantic. Now she can't even walk that he has to put her inside the car. And what the fuck is all this PDA. It's my workplace not their date spot.

I got into my car and directed my driver.
"To my penthouse."

"Yes Sir." He replied and drove off.