Chapter-50

Ashton's POV

Few weeks later..

It's been a few weeks ever since our little sports day event. Well, as Arinya confessed the very day that she wanted to take a legal action against David and Natalia, my courageous lady did the same.

She filed a complaint against both of them and her statement was recorded. Although it had been more than two months when the incident happened but still we had firm eye witnesses including me, my friends and Miss Thomas who herself was involved in all this. She admitted everything truthfully to the legal officers. Also, we had Natalia's recorded confession alongside the surveillance footage of my cabin. My lawyer helped Arinya go through the entire process seamlessly but it's still mentally draining for the victim.

Natalia was given an imprisonment sentence for an year alongside a heavy penalty for harassing Arinya as well as being a part of kidnapping. However, David was imprisoned for three years and he too was fined a good penalty fee as he had charges of kidnapping, physical abuse and attempt to sexual assault. Both were given a stay away order for their post-imprisonment.

Once all this got over, Arinya took her
time to process everything and flip back into reality.

Talking about the present day, the wedding preparations are in full swing. Courtesy, my overexcited mother.
The wedding is scheduled in fifteen days and it's enthralling beyond words.

Today, my mom is taking Arinya for her wedding dress trials. Although, it's quite late for that but we were totally stuck up in the whole legal case matters for the past few weeks. Nonetheless, I cannot seem to wait for her to walk down the aisle and marry her already.

Also, we decided to have a close-ended ceremony for our wedding and a grand reception, but both royally because it's our once in a lifetime experience and I would like it this way.

Currently, it was 10 in the morning. Arinya and I were sitting in my office.  We had a meeting with our wedding planner in about 20 minutes, who happens to be a friend from college, more like an acquaintance. He's truly incredible at his work and a known name in his arena that's why I chose him for our wedding.

We wanted to keep the wedding news hidden until the actual ceremony to keep Arinya's sanity in place as sudden media or paparazzi interactions in public places and their questions can really stress her out. Therefore, I have strictly informed our wedding planner, Liam & his team to not let the information out till the actual wedding takes place.

Arinya and I were sipping coffee while skimming through the wedding theme carousel, trying to finalize a theme since it was the final day for that.

She almost inaudibly groaned and pouted.
"All of these are so beautiful, how to decide on one?"

"It's just the start...you even have to finalize your wedding gown as well."
I mumbled.

"Yes." She exhaled a deep breath. A fond smile made it's way to her lips and her eyes beamed.

"I still can't believe this is happening."
She lowly whispered, gaping blankly at the laptop screen.

I held her hand that was placed on the desk and pulled her on my lap.

"It sure is happening."
I whispered back in her ear and she smiled with enchantment.

A moment later, she tried to get off my lap but I held her in place.

"Liam is about to come, is this how you want to carry forward the meeting?"
She asked.

"Well, it's still about twenty minutes for Liam to come and to answer your question, I have no problem doing the meeting this way. Why'd I let a nice sensuous opportunity skip away"
I answered sarcastically and gave her a toothy smile. Her eyes widened in disbelief.