Chapter-14

Arinya's POV

The next morning Elle drove us to the office. It was actually a relief for me that I didn't have to take up public transport or a personal cab with this fear of someone snooping on me. Well, being in a car safe and sound with Elle didn't put my paranoia to complete relaxation. I kept looking out of the window to see anything, or more precisely anyone suspicious. Even when we stepped into the office I kept looking around in my surroundings and I am certain this situation will definitely make me go crazy if this doesn't ends soon. I am not even sure if I would be able to focus on my work today.
I am currently in a situation where whomsoever I look at seems to be guilty and innocent at the same time. My mind will surely explode if this goes on for long.

"You gotta relax a bit girl." Elle said startling me and making me come out of my bubble of anxiety, confusion, fear, uncertainty and god knows what not.

"I can't help it El. I am not even sure if I can make it alive through a single day with all this." I said while walking towards the elevator.

"Hey chill, we're in the office and it's safe in here." She said reassuringly. I sighed heavily and both of us stepped into the elevator.

"Thanks El." I said genuinely. She smiled at me and the doors opened on her floor.

"Meet you at lunch." She said and left for her cabin. Natalia and one other female employee entered the elevator. Natalia studied me entirely in exactly the same way she did the other day. I don't know why I feel so self-conscious when someone stares at me. The elevator doors closed and thankfully both of the ladies started talking and giggling over something. The elevator doors opened a while later on my floor and I went straight to my cabin. I sat on my chair and drank the whole glass of water in one go. I didn't even knew I was this thirsty. My mind and body are so out off sync right now and I have no clue how to align them on a single path. I breathed heavily and started working to distract my mind from everything for as long as I can.

One hour later my phone buzzed and I saw it was a reminder.
"Oh no, how did I forget about the meeting." I stopped working and stood up to grab the necessary stuff for the meeting. In the haste of collecting the files, my hand mistakenly landed on the glass that had orange juice in it. Some of the substance poured over me and rest of it drained all over the floor. I panicked and checked the time on my phone. There were still 10 minutes left for the meeting so I decided to quickly head to the restroom and clean up a little. I picked up my belongings and rushed towards the restroom that was on the same floor of the meeting room. Thankfully I was wearing a black jumpsuit so the patch wasn't prominently visible.

I was about to leave the washroom when my phone pinged again. I pulled my phone out of my side pocket and saw 2 messages from an unknown number again. My heart picked up the pace and I opened the messages with a not so convinced mind and shaky fingers.

There was yet again a picture of me entering the office building and a text message under it saying.
"I think you aren't scared of the consequences yet. Well much to your disappointment, I must tell you it will be worse if you don't make up your mind as earlier as possible.
These pictures are just the start.
Be mine!"

My world came crashing down the instant I read the message. My palms started to get all sweaty and a feeling of trepidation washed over me. Saying that I was petrified would be an understatement.
I clutched the files in my hand so hard as if my life depended on it and I practically ran out of the restroom. I was literally running as if a murderer is coming behind me with a sharf knife in his hand to kill me. I was extremely terror-stricken that I didn't even realise where I was going. I kept running and ultimately ran into someone so hard. My face lost all it's colors when I recognised who I bumped into.