Chapter-43

Ashton's POV

I was genuinely happy to see how nicely Arinya got along with my family. After bidding our goodbyes, Arinya and I walked to where the car was parked. The past few days had been one hell of a rollercoaster ride starting with Aiden's homecoming, Arinya's abduction and rescue, her birthday & the proposal preparation and execution. Not to forget, the big event awaits tomorrow.

I had reached my fatigue-saturation level due to insufficient rest and sleep. I clamped my hand over my mouth after my failed attempt to stifle a yawn. Arinya eyed me for a second and held out her palm before me.

"What?" I couldn't understand what she wanted to convey.

"Keys?" She said. I eyed her with a "I still don't understand" look.

"My soul much rather wants to get back home in one piece." She scoffed cutely.

"Is that supposed to ring a bell? And hold on, you know how to drive?" I asked.

"Just hit the pause button on your queries counter for a second there, first get in and oh it's a YES to your life-dependent question, I do know how to drive."
She said amusingly and I handed over the car keys to her.

I slid onto the passenger's seat and she took the driver's side. She keyed in the penthouse address in GPS navigator. Within a minute, the engine revved and the car roared to life.
And might I add, she is fabulous at driving.

"How did I not know about this skill of yours?"
I asked zealously while she had her eyes fixed on the road only.

"I thought of driving tonight because you clearly look tired and sleepy."
She looked over at me for a split second and booked her focus back on the road.

"Actually Elle gave me amazing driving lessons back in college days when I was her project trainee. We bonded a lot over these long drive sessions."
She reasoned.

I quietly gazed at her while she drove, admiring her like a proud boyfriend.

"Th-that's a major distraction." She whispered biting her lip subconsciously.

"To be honest, it's a major turn-on."
I said. Her lips twitched and she blinked her eyes multiple times, clearly out of shyness.

"Unbelievable.." She mumbled under her breath.

"Is it my fault that you look hot?" I stated so casually.

"Ashton." She called out my name in a baffled tone.

She stopped the car at a red light.

"Yes?" I placed my palm on her lap and her body reacted to my sudden touch.

"Wanna say something?"
I leaned on her side. I took her by surprise when I started nibbling her ear softly. Her breath got hitched in her throat and her heartbeat paced up as if she just got off a rollercoaster.

"I...um.." She struggled to speak as her mind was clearly fuzzy.

She looked out of the window on her side to recover from the brief instance after I leaned back in my seat. I can bet on anything that her cheeks are as red as a beetroot now.

The light on the signal turned green but she still had her gaze affixed outside the window, to some farther end on the left side of the road.

"Arinya." I held her shoulder to get her attention when people started honking.

"Huh.." She almost jumped at my touch. Her face showed a mixed expression of confusion and fear. She looked as if she just saw a ghost.

"Are you fine?" I asked.