Chapter-4

Ashton's POV

I came to office early today because I had a lot of meetings lined up with some important clients.

I have a meeting with the head architects and head designers of my company in another 15 minutes. I was busy checking some e-mails when I got a call from my Dad. I instantly picked it up.

"Hey Dad.. How are you? And how's mom?" I spoke.

"Hey son, we both are doing good. We miss you a lot but I guess, you're too busy to even pay a visit to your parents." He replied back.

"Daaaddd it's not like that...just caught up with work. But I promise I'll come over soon. Also I miss you two too!" I uttered.

"You better." He replied laughing.

I too laughed.

"By the way son, are you busy right now? I wanted to have a word with you." He asked.

"Dad, I am never busy for you." I said.

"Actually my close friend from college, Mark Collins called me today. His son used to work as an architect in some company before but recently he resigned from there due to some reasons. So, umm my friend asked if you could... appoint him in your company." He spoke.

"I see, but dad I can't appoint anybody just like that. That would be unfair to other employees. Besides, I don't even know if he is capable enough or not, or would he be able to handle the work pressure."  I said disapprovingly.

"Son I am sorry I didn't ask you before...my friend asked me for a favor so I couldn't say no at that moment and gave him my word. Well I'll just apologize to him." He replied.

"No...no Dad, you won't apologize to anybody and why are you saying sorry to me. Don't worry I'll appoint him." I said smiling. I can't let my father's reputation go down in any way.

"Thanks son. I'm proud of you." He said proudly.

"There's no need to thank me Dad. I love you."

'Love you too son."

He then lectured me for 5 minutes saying that I need to settle down now. I've had quite a lot of random flings and I've never been that serious kind of guy in relationships. Well, whomsoever I've dated yet were money-hungry women so I'm just off this shit now.

But am I really ready for any sort of commitment for real? I thought to myself.

There was a knock on door which made me come back to reality. My assistant came to inform me that the meeting room is ready and everyone has arrived too.
I stood up from the chair, grabbed my phone and left my office.

I went into the meeting room  Everyone stood up and greeted me. I nodded my head a little and gestured all of them to sit.

"So I'll come straight to the point. What are you guys doing for the past 1 week." I asked in a dangerously calm voice. All of them looked at me with a confused look on their faces.

"Do you all think there's a fucking picnic going on in here. Let me pop this bubble for you all , it's my workplace and I pay each one of you to give me the best results. I saw the designs yesterday and I was so disappointed." I continued.

"Miss Wilson, Are the new layouts and designs ready?" I interrogated.

"Yes Sir, here's the file." She replied and handed over me the file. I examined all the layouts and designs.