Chapter-44

Arinya's POV

Everything felt like a perfect dream last night, but a dream has to end at some point. I instantly got to packing my stuff when I returned back to my room, late last night. However, these last few hours I spent with Ashton made me forget about the rest of my worries. He's my actual solace.

Apparently, what I saw day before yesterday while I was driving back to the penthouse brought back so many haunting memories from the past. Yesterday was a major distraction from all that because my mind was happily occupied in all the planning and my heart was genuinely so full seeing Ashton's victory moment.

It was around seven-thirty in the morning. I had showered and slipped into a cute sundress. I dragged my bag to the living area where Ashton was waiting for me, all decked up in a suit for an important press event. His head was firmly resting on the couch's headrest, one arm on his lap and another one stretched on the armrest; he had fallen into a slumber.

I tried to convince him last night that I would leave by myself but he sweet-talked me into waking up a little early so that we can spend some more time together while he drops me of to Elle's apartment. Well, need I say more why I agreed to that. He literally has his heart poured into this relationship which matters the most to me. Despite of being in a packed and tiresome schedule, he makes a conscious effort to steal some time exclusively for us.

Looking at his sleeping form made my heart flutter. I could only wonder how my life took a total 180 flip in the past week. It was the most eventful and undoubtedly the best week of my life. I stepped in this house as a vulnerable mess seven days ago and I am leaving as his fiance, official or unofficial. At the end of the day, what really matters is how two individuals build a relationship together. The truth only remains what your heart believes.

Before I could even comprehend a thing about my actions, I was standing just beside him. My palm was itching to caress his cheek but I was worried that I will wake him up. I gasped when he flipped his eyes open and pulled my hand that was un-decisively hanging midway in the air. He pulled me onto his lap and flashed a charming smile at me.

"Weren't you sleeping?" I asked.

"Not really and couldn't even see you struggling with 'Should I touch his face or not?' for long."
He grinned.

"Who said I was struggling?"
I chuckled awkwardly. I inwardly rolled my eyes at myself for even sparing a thought at acting smart.

"Sure, you weren't." He mocked right on my face.

I narrowed my eyes at him and he pulled his signature sophisticated look in a second.
How innocent!

"Good luck for your event." I whispered just as the thought struck my mind.

"With a morning so fantastic, the day must go all well."
He replied and kissed my temple which quickly escalated to my cheekbone to jawline and eventually the crook of my neck.

"Let's eat first." He suggested and I agreed.

I got up from his lap and he too stood up from the couch. We had a quick breakfast together before leaving the penthouse.

"You should wear dresses more often. Suits you a lot."
He complimented while driving.

"Thank you." I smiled back at him.

He held my left hand resting on my lap and inched it closer to his lips. He planted a soft kiss at the back of my hand while his eyes were fully trained on the road.

My eyes caught attention of the promise ring securely wrapped around his ring finger. It just warmed my heart that he chose to wear it despite the fact that he has events and meetings to attend and people might be intrigued or question him regarding that, considering him being a public figure.