Chapter-58

Arinya's POV

I stretched my arms over my head and a yawn graced it's presence too. I woke up a little earlier than regular timings because I had promised my friends with a yummy treat that enlisted Belgian waffles, Blueberry muffins and coffee as the breakfast menu.

Mr. Husband was still sound asleep since it was earlier than our usual wake-up time. I took his injured palm in my hand and softly caressed my thumb over the bandage.
It's a crushing inexplicable pain to see your love even being slightly hurt. I just pray to God that whoever was behind this doesn't have any ulterior motive.

I tried to push away the negative thoughts surfacing over my head. I pecked his palm and then the side of his mouth lightly before heading towards the bathroom to freshen up.

I dressed up casually and headed towards the kitchen. I placed my iPad on the kitchen island to take some help from youtube videos and starting preparing the food as directed.

I was so engrossed in making breakfast when I felt a whoosh of air in my ear. I jumped at my spot as I was startled and a chunk of the batter that I was mixing fell on the kitchen counter.

"Isn't it a little early in the day to act sneaky?"
I asked.

"It's hard to resist when the better half looks incredibly yummy while making yummy food this early in the morning?"
He notoriously replied and placed his chin over my left shoulder.

I tilted my mouth and placed a long smothering wet kiss on his cheek. A chuckle could be heard coming straight from this throat.

"Go shower."
I said and moved my left shoulder a bit upwards for him to take a cue.

"Accompany me."
He said, his eyes sparkling like a little kid desiring his favourite candy.

"No Sir, I just showered. Besides I have to make all this quickly."
I said and pointed towards the bowls and trays having different batters.

"Why?" He whined, worse than a kid.

"Because I promised my friends."
I smiled at him.

"A quick shower won't hurt. Also I'll help you with all this afterwards, I promise."
He pouted at me and tuck a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"Quit being a baby Ashton."
I teased him more, sticking out a tongue at him.

"Since I am declared a baby then how about this."
He swiped some spilled batter off the counter and rubbed it on my nose and some on my cheek.

"You did not." I gasped rather exasperatedly.

"I did, buttercup."
And this time he stuck his tongue out at me playfully and winked.

Though I found this playfulness and most importantly, the endearment he used really cute but I masked it. If he's allowed to have some fun then aren't I, right?

"The baking powder in the batter is burning my skin Ashton."
I made a silly excuse, even if it didn't make sense to myself.

"Shit."
He muttered under his breath and turned to me faster than the speed of light. He reached for a paper towel and made me face him.