Chapter-24

Arinya's POV

It's been almost two weeks since that horrifying incident of the whole unveiling the real face behind the man who was watching my every move. I am still trying to let that sink in and uphold myself strongly. However, only the stalker is known yet and not the real mind behind all this. I still can't figure it out that who would want to hurt me in such a degraded manner. Also since then I haven't really sensed anything weird or unusual, which is somehow a relief but at the same time it's kind of scary to know that someone's still out there who wants to hurt me and might be planning something solid to execute.

Currently I am in my cabin working on the designs for the biggest affair of the year for all the design companies in New York. I was quite unaware of this big event until yesterday's meeting with Ashton and other team members. We are supposed to make the best designs according to the given theme of the year in a team and further those designs are supposed to be sent to the board members, basically the jury, a week prior to the event day. This year's theme is contemporary black and white designs with accent hues.

Ashton himself finalize the team for this major event after taking suggestions from Sharon Wilson. Apparently, this time I am also required to work in the team along with other designers including Elle, John, Josephine and a few more. Miss Wilson is heading our team as a project manager. I have built a good professional relationship with her as she's quite happy with my dedication and passion towards work.

My friends fed me with all the details about everything related to the event while we were out for lunch. They told me that it's been 2 years since King's Architecture & Designs brings the award home for the best Architecture & Design company in the business everytime.
Ostensibly Ashton is adamant to win the award for the third time.

I am so glad that it's not even been an year for me in this company and I have bagged such a huge opportunity.
It'll be my first time dealing with such a big project in my professional radar. I have decided to focus only on work until the deadline. I can't afford to even do a minute mistake from my end and I will try to give in my best inputs.

The past two weeks were somehow easy-going. Me and my friends were back to our everyday ritual of having lunch together. I've also had quite a few run-ins with Ashton. Now whenever I see him, I just can't blur out the memory of the shower session we had and it truly makes me feel mushy and giddy somehow.

Talking about that, since the day Natalia saw me in Ashton's office talking to him, I feel that she's definitely upto something. She throws death glares in my direction everytime she sees me. I won't be surprised if she pulls some stupid act to embarrass me in front of the entire office or tries to hurt me in the worst way possible. Even yesterday when Natalia saw me coming out of the meeting room her facial expressions clearly indicated that she was fuming in anger and not to forget that evil-ish glint. But of course I know how to fight such petty things back. I've been dealing with such issues for a long time now so I am still quite persistent in fighting my own battles by myself and be tough mentally.

While I was working I heard a knock on my cabin's door. I presumed that it'd be my friends as it was almost lunch time but David and Natalia walked in. I smiled at David and he greeted me back with a "Hi". Surprisingly Natalia too smiled at me and held her hand before me.
Has the sun risen from the west today? Has the earth stopped revolving around it's orbit? Am I in a parallel universe?

"I know you might be quite surprised to see me here but I just came to congratulate you. Um and I also wanted to apologize for my behavior in the past." She added and I looked at her blankly.

How did her temperament change for me all of a sudden. Am I dreaming or what?? I was just thinking about how she wants to bury me six feet under the ground just by her looks and here she is talking so sweetly with me.