Chapter 45

I feel I could conquer the world with you by my side
Cause of your unconditional love baby that's why
You bring out the best in me, cause you are the best baby.
And if I had to do it again (I'll still choice you girl)
You bring out the best in me, cause you are the best baby.

Blue POV

I saw a sign that said Welcome to Vicksburg. I knew I was in the right town then.

He was right...this is nothing like Miami. Everything in Mississippi is slow and boring to me. I love the fast life.

I grabbed my phone and called Sippi. All I see is stores and schools. No neighborhoods.

"Where you at?" He asked.

"I don't know." I looked around at the abandoned buildings and drug dealers.

"At least tell me what's by you." He smacked his lips.

"Drug dealers. Abandoned buildings. Stores." I shrugged as if he could see me.

"Okay go straight until you find Spruce street then turn left until you see my car." He said. I smiled at the thought of seeing him standing out front waiting on me. I sped up on that thought.

"Bye Mississippi." I smiled.

"Bye Florida." He laughed before hanging up.

I turned into his street and kept going down until I saw him sitting on top of a white Camry. I pulled into the driveway and parked.

I stepped out in my criss cross crop top, high waist leggings, and Jordans.

He hopped off the car and walked towards me with a smirk. He was inches away from my face.

"So you really came here." He laughed.

"Yes." I blushed. His beautiful smile widened at the sound of my voice.

He opened his arms and I fell in them. I felt so warm and safe in his touch. Kind of how I used to feel in August's arms.

"Who is that you out there with Andre?" I heard a woman call in the house. He had an average house. Nothing fancy.

"Ready to meet my parents?" He asked.

"Does she want her little Andre dating a baby mama?" I slightly frowned because I'm so used to Mrs. Alsina. She's like my second mom.

"Will she care is the question." He chuckled. I followed him into the house and saw a tall slender man sitting on the couch shirtless. His beer belly sat over his belt and he had two bud lights down by his foot. He looked like Andre 40 years from now. His head was as bald as a baby.

"Who is this fancy gal?" He asked. That's when I noticed tobacco was in his mouth.

"Da this Blue. My girlfriend." He said. I waved shyly. His dad inspected me as if he was trying to see if I was safe for his son.

"You went to Florida State and lucked up." He laughed.

"I guess so." Sippi smiled over at me.

"Cheryl! Come see Dre's new southern belle!" The man yelled. I heard pots and pans shifting around in the kitchen.

"Here I come." A soft voice spoke. I could hear her footsteps coming towards the kitchen doorway.

In walked a woman about my height and size. She reminded me of one of the African Queens from Africa. Her skin was black as a chocolate chip, and as flawless and Christ himself. Her natural Afro stood tall and curly. She had a smile upon her perfectly shaped lips.

"I'm Cheryl." She stuck out her hand. I smiled and willingly shook it.

"Blue Haughton." I said confidently.

"Well sit down gal! My boy ain't never brought no gal home." His dad pointed to the recliner across the room.

I sat down and noticed he was watching Bad Boys.

"That was shot in my city." I said trying to make conversation.

"Is it as bad as they say it is in Miami?" Cheryl asked. Should I be offended?

"No ma'am. Just certain parts. Like my part is a little bit of hood." I shrugged. They stared at me for a minute.

"You like them Miami Heat gal?!" His dad said harshly. I actually took offense to that.

"Yes sir. I like have all their gear." I said proudly.

"I don't! I like that Rondo boy. He something else I tell you." He chewed on his tobacco.

"She's very pretty Andre." His mom said. I wonder do they know I have three children, a crazy baby daddy, dead friends, drug dealing step daddy, and a dead mama. Naw I'm gone save that for a rainy day.

"Thanks. I love your house. My house back in Miami used to look like this." I lied for no reason.

"Thanks. I've noticed you have a little fetish for art." She stared at the tattoos on my arms and chest. I bet she think I'm some hood rat.

"Yea she likes to draw. She plans on doing tattoos in the future." Andre said quickly.

"My boy don't got no tattoos now gal. Don't be trying to do them on him." His dad warned. I laughed out without caring.

"Sir your son is so bad. I'm the good one." I laughed with Andre.

"Well I cooked some chicken and rice if you want some." His mom stood up with a genuine smile.

"Yes ma'am! I'm starving!" I jumped up and followed her to the kitchen.

Mississippi POV

I watched my mom and. Lie go into the kitchen bonding. I looked over at my dad and saw his eyes glued on me.

"So what you think about her?" I asked him.

"I think the gal is out her damn mind!" He snapped. I frowned.

"Why?" I squinted my eyes.

"Because she love you." He shook his head.

Well damn