Chapter 47

"When two people love each other, they don't look at each other, they look in the same direction." - Ginger Rogers

August POV

I sat awkwardly in the den with the strange girl and my mom.

"So dad had an affair?" I squinted my eyes at my mom.

"That was back when we didn't know any better. We were teens for Christ sake!" She shook her head.

"You calling me a mistake?" The girl finally spoke.

"No honey. I'm explaining that your dad loves me, he was just feeling your mom at the moment." Mom tried to explain but she still came out wrong.

"Dad!" I yelled. He came down the stairs but his face dropped once he saw Maggie.

"Maggie baby." He smiled.

"Hey dad. Did you not get my calls or any of my letters? Or what about my birthday or Christmas? Oh wait, maybe you forgot I was your kid too!" The once quiet girl snapped on my dad. I mean our dad.

My dad's mouth moved but nothing came out.

"Maggie your mom cut off all access to you. She changed numbers and addresses on me. You know I love you daddy's princess." Dad opened his arms and Maggie fell in them as they hugged. He looked over her shoulders at a surprised me.

"This can't be happening." I grabbed all three of my babies and went upstairs. Just when you think you know a guy.

*

*

*

Blue POV

"Ooh shit. This real fly Dre." I slipped into my chair of this fly ass restaurant.

"Fly ass restaurant for my fly ass girl." He smirked. I could hear Luther Vandross playing softly in the background.

"I miss my babies." I admitted. He placed his hand in top of mine.

"I've missed you." He leaned forward and so did I. Our lips connected and it felt so right. I used to feel that with August. But he left a bitch hanging.

"Look." He pulled away and dug in his coat pocket. He pulled out a small tan box. I stared at it and looked up at him.

"What's in it?" I asked nervously.

"A symbol of the love I have for you." He opened the box to a sparkly band.

"Take my promise ring? I promise to love you until death do us part." He slipped the ring on my finger.

"Dre..."

"Don't speak. Just promise me." He begged. I nodded slowly.

"What can I help you two lovely people with?" The waiter asked. I was too busy staring at Sippi.

He started ordering and before I knew it they both looked up at me.

"Huh?" I said sounding rather dumb.

"Order." Sippi said in a duh tone. I looked down at all this fancy shit on the menu. To be real I just want some Popeyes.

"Can I have the tilapia?" I asked. Sippi frowned.

"That's all you want baby?" He asked.

"That's all you want baby?" August asked once I only grabbed a MK purse.

"Stop." I shook my head. I don't want him to spend his money on me.

"I love you Blue. You're worth way more than a expensive ass MK purse." He kissed my cheek and walked towards the register.