Chapter 22

Cause you ain't got

A half a million dollar condo

And you ain't got

A hundred thousand dollar car

But you got a billion dollar body

Trust me I know

You keep it hood no matter where you are

Blue POV

We were now on our way back to my old home in the hood. I ain't seen Ace since the hospital. I guess I could show him some love.

"Let's stop by the projects first. I need to see Lia." I told him. He turned the corner into the projects. I saw police officers, a ambulance, and a coroner.

Only in the hood

"I wonder what went down over here." I let my window down so I could hear.

We pulled up and got out. That's when I noticed it was at the complex where Lia lives. August and I quickly got out and ran to the scene. I saw her mom breaking down crying for her baby.

Something in my chest began to tighten. My palms got sweaty and my heart started beating quickly.

"Let me through!" I yelled while trying to push through the crowd. That's when I saw it. My best friend and her boyfriend lied there lifelessly in a pool of blood. My body got numb and I fell to my knees.

"That's my sister. My sister." I kept mumbling. My mind was blank.

"Come on baby. You can't be seeing this." August tried to get me up but I fought him off.

"They killed my sister!" I screamed. He roughly grabbed me and pushed me to the bricks.

"You got to stay strong baby. Don't let this eat you up." He said sternly.

I saw the coroners wheeling two bodies in body bags into the back of their van.

"Mane that's my motherfucking sister." I cried in his chest.

"What the fuck happen?" Noel and Colton ran over to us. Her eyes trailed off to the pool of blood by Lia's door.

"No. No. No." She kept saying and shaking her head.

"We need to get them home." August told Colton.

*

*

*

I woke up in my bed. I had tissues all around me. My head is pounding.

"You up." A heavy voice spoke. I rolled over and saw August lying next to me with them sexy eyes.

"Where's Lia?!" I panicked. I quickly got up but August grabbed me.

"Calm down." He said.

"Where's Lia and Ty?!" I yelled.

"In here dumb ass." I heard Lia's voice. I ran in the living room and saw her and Ty sitting on the couch eating pop corn.

"My baby!" I grabbed Lia and snatched her into a hug.

"Okay lesbian." She squirmed out my hug. Ty laughed.

"Are y'all okay?" I asked.

"Yea we okay Blue. Are you okay?" Ty laughed.

"Couldn't be better!" I hugged them both.

"Okay you need to stop drinking." Lia said. I kissed all on her face.