Chapter 49

Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.

Blue POV

We sat in a booth at Apple Bees waiting on the boys. They act like females when they get dressed.

"Ima have my baby by time they come." Leslie sighed.

"Jesus been done came back." Perry laughed.

My phone started ringing. I quickly answered when I saw the name.

"Hey sissy!" I squealed.

"Hey Blueberry." She laughed.

"Who is that?" Perry asked.

"Noel." Leslie answered before I could say anything.

"I'm coming to see you. Where you at?" She asked.

"Apple Bees with a couple of friends." I said excitedly.

"Which one?"

"The one by campus." I said.

"Cool. Here I come." She hung up.

I put my phone back in my purse and smiled.

"Who is Noel?" Perry asked.

"My little sister. She's like my best friend." I smiled. I saw a sad look on Perry's face.

"Well my second best friend." I stroked the top of Perry's hand. A smiled formed upon her lips.

"Sorry we're late." Sippi slid in the booth next to Leslie and Perry. August sat next to me.

"Save room for Noel." I said.

"Who is Noel?" Sippi asked.

"I'm Noel." Noel walked up in a laced bodycon dress and heels. Don't you expect that from her?

"Slutty as usual." I smirked.

"Sister I missed you." She moved August out the way and slid in the booth next to me.

"I missed you more." I kissed her cheek. You can tell she wanted to say something about Leslie but she didn't.

"Owee she pretty." Noel smiled at Perry.

"This my homie slash roomie, Perry." I said.

"You look like Lia." Noel said.

"I've been told." Perry sipped her coke.

"What my babies at home doing?" I asked Noel.

"Girl being bad! Bianca eats everything, Aubrey cries alll fucking day long, then Carter is a damn bully. She likes pulling my hair and earrings." Noel sighed. We all laughed.

"They can't be that bad." August smirked.

"You don't even want to know what they did to your mom and that Maggie girl! Mrs. Alsina called and told me that Carter shitted all over her and Maggie's new outfits they bought." Noel laughed.

"Sounds like Mara. She shitted in my mom's new Loubitons." Perry shook her head.

"Yall making me scared to have my child. I don't want shit all on my Gucci and Prada." Leslie sighed.

"Babies tend to get the runs often." Perry shrugged.

"I wouldn't know. I'm the only one at this table that ain't got s child." Mississippi laughed.

"I don't. But I take care of those girls like they're mine." Noel said.

Our waitress walked over and laughed lightly.

"You guys look stuffed. I could get you all a table for six." She suggested.

"Please.." We all said at once.

"I wasn't gone say nothing but Leslie and her big ass stomach taking up most of the room." Perry said.

"I know right. Her legs are gapped open!" Sippi said.

"Blue's ass taking up the room over here." Noel said. August nodded his head as if he agreed with her.

"Your table is ready." The waitress called us. We quickly got up and took a seat at a different table.

"This reminds me of old times." August smiled.

"Yea with Ty and Lia. Oh and Colton. I love that guy." Noel smiled at the thought of Colton.

"Yall still talk? Dang yall the real MVP." August laughed with me.

"I mean everybody not like you A." Noel throwing shade now.

"I understand that Noel." August shook his head.

"Check this out. I heard yall the hot bitches over here." Noel looked from me to Perry.

"Naw ian hear all that." Sippi hating cause we hot and he not.

"That's right baby sis." I cockily sipped my straw and smiled.

"Well who wants to date baby mamas?! A damn fool." Perry laughed.

"Ain't nobody dating Blue's ass but me!" August said loudly. We all looked at him crazy.

"Don't nobody want Blue but you." Noel frowned.

"Right." Perry laughed.

"Say Blue, can I talk to you outside?" Leslie asked.

Everybody looked awkwardly at each other.

"Leslie I-"

"Never mind." She spoke. I stared at her.

"Hormones." Noel whispered.

"No it's not my hormones. I'm simply dying." She said with a straight face. Her eyes glistened and her bottom lip quivered as if she wanted to cry.

"The fuck you mean?!" August popped up out his seat.

"What?" I asked confused.

"I've had cancer for two years now. Doctors gave me four months and all I wanted was peace." She shrugged. August bit down on his bottom lip crying.

"What about your baby?" I asked. I don't want to cry although I do feel bad.

"My son.." She smiled at that thought.

"...He's a healthy little boy."

"Hell no." August stormed out crying.

"That's fucked up." Noel dropped her head. Sippi's mouth was hung open as he looked so shocked.

"What about chemotherapy?! You can't just be friend us and die on us! Not you Leslie!" I panicked.

"I've had every testament there is. All its caused me was hair and money loss." She slowly placed her hand on her forehead and slightly pushed her hair back. I could see patches of her hair missing.

Noel covered her mouth and ran out. She couldn't handle this. Now it's Sippi, Perry, and I.

"Let me go get Noel." Perry ran out next.

"I hate you Leslie. But damn I'm gone miss you." The first tear slowly rolled out my eye. She opened her arms and hugged me.

"I'm actually at peace with myself." She laughed lightly. Sippi just sat quietly across from us.

"Unbelievable." I cried in her shoulder.

"Can you guys do me a favor?" She asked once I let her go from the hug. She looked from Sippi to I.

"What?" Sippi and I said in unison.

"Don't treat me any different than before you knew I had cancer."