Chapter 27

Fortunate to have you girl,

I'm so glad you're in my world,

Just as sure as the sky is blue,

I bless the day that I found you.

August POV

Today is the day that I leave my baby girl hanging. Today is the day that I dread. She stood before me with her head hung low as we packed our cars.

"It ain't like I'm leaving the state. I'm still gone be in Miami." I lifted her head up.

"Yea but your part is so far away and I don't do long distance." She removed my hand from her chin.

"So we breaking up or something?" I asked. Just letting those words slip out my mouth made me feel uncomfortable. She looked up in my eyes.

All I want to do is hold her and tell her everything will be alright. Now that we're moving she's out of work, she lost her best friend, and now she lost her boyfriend.

"Oh Blue." My mom came and hugged Blue with all her might. Why is she so in love with Blue? Is it because she's pretty? Or maybe because she works for us. I don't know but my mom loves her and Noel.

"I'm going to miss you Mrs. Alsina. You were the only person I had that was close to a mother figure." Blue cried while hugged her tightly. My dad stroked Blue's back lightly.

"Maybe we could send you bus tickets to come visit." My dad said.

"Sure but in a couple more weeks will be graduation." She shrugged.

"And we will be there!" My mom said proudly.

"Come on son. You got to let her go." My dad patted my shoulder but I had a good grip on Blue's hand. I can't let my world go. Life wouldn't mean shit if Blue ain't in it!

"I can't!" I shed a few tears for this girl. I never did this before. We had each other close while I cried in her neck. And we're going to separate colleges so it's almost guaranteed I won't see her again.

My dad tried to pry me away from her but he failed.

"Let go August." She said while kissing my tears away.

"This shit ain't fair!" I dropped her hands and stormed to the car. I watched as my parents said something to her causing her to giggle. They soon got in.

"I know you love her but I promise you two will meet again someday." My dad promised.

We pulled off and I looked back at Blue watching us leave. I wish I hadn't looked back because that look on her face will haunt me forever.

Blue POV

I sat in a booth at a cafe staring out the window at the rain. I feel so lonely, so sad.

"Is this seat taken?" A heavy voice asked. I shook my head weakly, not even caring to look up.

I heard them scoot into the seat across from me. I don't feel like talking to anyone right now. So if that's why they came over they can leave now.

"You haven't touched your coffee." The voice said.

"Not in the mood." I replied.

"If you look at me we can discuss your problem. I'm a cop." He said. I looked at him slowly and his eyes grew wide.

"Blue?!" He smiled.

"Officer Johnson." I said nonchalantly.

"You can call me Nick." He said.