85.

Hi ! :)

"I knew I'd find you here at this time of the day."

"Have a seat then."

Louis furrowed his eyebrows because Zayn didn't even look up from his sketchbook. Thinking that he must be still angry, Louis shrugged it off. With a little grunt, he plopped beside his boyfriend and peeked into his sketchbook. It was some abstract sketch, but it was pretty and colorful and he knew nothing about art so he wasn't going to point it out to Zayn.

"Had your lunch?"

"Mm..." Zayn mumbled softly.

He didn't look up this time either and that kind of upset Louis. However, he was here to apologize, so again, he ignored it. "Are you- Zayn, why aren't you looking at me?!" That's it. He wasn't going to act like it wasn't bothering him.

"Because I don't want to look at you."

Louis' brows shot up at that. What does he mean? "Why because you are still disgusted and cannot bear to look at my face and live the betrayal?" He asked curiously.

Zayn let out a little chuckle and shook his head. "That's just cruel."

"You not looking at me when I'm talking to you is more cruel."

"I don't want to look at y-your nose and feel more guilty about it." The raven haired boy huffed out.

"It's not your fault though." Louis knocked his shoulder with Zayn's. "Yeah, but I am a part of it. I mean, I didn't do anything to stop it." Zayn argued, knocking his shoulder to Louis'.

"Eh. Who cares? I saved Niall. I'm a superhero." Louis snorted but then groaned loudly. "Fuck, this hurts!"

"Embarrassing." Zayn laughed. "Why are you here, Louis?"

"To apologize." Louis answered quickly. "And don't you dare speak before I'm done speaking. Keep your head down, do your sketching or whatever, just keep quiet!"

"Okay."

"What did I just say!" Louis feigned to being annoyed. "First of all, I'm very sorry that I kept things from you and the others. That part was just wrong and I am really very sorry about it. The other day, when I realized this, I decided to tell you guys and I just wanted Niall to be informed about it." He paused for a moment to sigh. "I didn't know it was going to backfire like that. Well, I deserved this, so I'm not complaining. I just want to let you know that I regret not telling y'all sooner." He rambled on. "Also, I'm not going to lie. The things you said were sorta hurtful."

"I just— it is difficult for me to open up quickly, Zayn. I always have been." He chuckled wryly. "Now I really don't want to make this apology about me and bore you, Z. I just hope you know I really am sorry and I do care about you lads a lot. I didn't want to risk our friendships because of me leaving the town after a while. And I-" He took another pause to take a long breath, closed his eyes before continuing. "I- It's... I understand if you do-don't want to continue this or be friends with me. Just don't— Niall has nothing to do with it and—

"Now you shut up and I'll speak, clear?" Zayn spoke up, faking a little attitude.

"Crystal."

"What did I just say!" He mocked Louis. "Louis, you did you deserve a— oh, my god, you look ghastly!" Zayn gasped out in horror as he looked up at Louis for the first time. "I mean- I mean- not ghastly. You look... different?"

Louis bursted out in a loud fit of laughter, stopping a minute later with a painful groan. "I do look ghastly." He grunted.

"I'm sorry." Zayn grimaced. "You definitely did not deserve this. I understand that it was personal and I acted a bit out of my character and said some of the most hurtful things to you and you are none of them. I'm sorry for that." He apologized in an earnest tone, taking both of Louis' hands in his'. "And no I would never sideline Niall. He's one of my best friends."

"However, I'm still devastated, Lou. I wish you would've told us sooner, then I would've never let myself lo- uh.. like you." Zayn smiled sadly to himself. Maybe love isn't for everyone.

"Oh, If only it was easy to turn off all your emotions and feelings, Zayn." Louis chuckled. "I like you a lot, too."

"Also, I don't want to end anything with you. I forgive you. I'm a tad angry, but whatever. It's not like it's in our hands, huh?"

"It really isn't."

"So- like... ahem!" Zayn cleared his throat, not wanting to burst into tears. "I can't really kiss you with that thing on your nose?"

"Thing? That's a gauze and I'm in very much pain."

"You- you shouldn't talk much or should stop talking altogether till it heals." Zayn muttered.

"Why?"

"'Cause your voice is kinda nasally and it is annoying." Zayn smirked. "But you are cute even with that thing." He added quickly when Louis pulled an offended look and quickly pecked his cheek.

"Laugh all you want, but it wasn't easy when they were aligning it back on its place." Louis cringed in horror as he remembered that part. "Your sensitive eyes would've killed themselves, Zayn."

"That does not make any sense." Zayn scoffed, getting back to his sketch. "Also, Niall kinda told us not to come to the hospital. He cares about you a lot."

"Yeah, whatever. I saved him!" Louis cheered to himself. "Yeah, but I love him." Zayn laughed softly. "You have a very positive outlook on such a horrible incident. No wonder you are amazing."

"You, too." Louis retorted back with a smile. "Also, I don't get what you are abstractly drawing for a while now." Yeah, he really wasn't going to just sit down and not point it out to Zayn. That's not him.

-

"Did you talk to... y'know.. him?"

"Harry?"

After they were done talking about the little incident and apologies, Zayn stuck with completing his sketch and Louis stuck with annoying him with his nasally voice. He even got the little wildflowers from the other side of the creek and put them in Zayn's hair, some of them in his own hair. It went for a while until Zayn was finally done with his sketch and had asked Louis to shut up for a while. But now he was again asking questions to Louis.

"Yeah."

Louis shrugged his shoulders carelessly. "I'm not ready to face him yet."

"'Cause he punched you? I don't think he'll hit you again. It was—

"No, Zayn. I already told you I am fine with all of this. I deserved it." Louis smiled. He hooked one of his arms with Zayn's and leaned his head on his shoulder as they walked across the little woods. "He just- he um.. he said some things and it bothered me. His anger was reasonable, his words were not."

"Aren't you going to apologize to him? He deserves one, innit?"

"He definitely does and of course, I will apologize to him." Louis mumbled politely.

"He loves you, Louis."

"And I don't?"

Zayn sighed softly. He didn't want to dwell any deeper, didn't want to bother Louis, so he just opted to kiss his temple and smile sadly. "You take your time, dove."

-

GOOD?

I was 18 when I started writing Louis-e, I'll 22 in couple of months. Lmao. It's kind of weird to think about, but whatever.

How old y'all are?
If you don't mind telling me. Just curious :)

I hope you liked it x