46.

Hi.

"You are very quiet today, Louis." Jay spoke up. "If it's about yesterday then I'm sorry, baby. You know, dad loves you. We love you." She ran her fingers through his hair and smiled. Louis looked up at her and sighed. It was always his mother who came to apologize or coaxed him, never his dad. He always opposed his choices. He took her hand and kissed the back of it. "I love you too." Jay scooped him in her arms and caressed his back. She was okay with every choices her son made unless they were right. She still remembers the first time she held Louis in her arms. He was a really tiny baby, he still was tiny for his age. How his blue eyes looked curiously at her and how she teared up when for the first time he held her finger in his hand.

"Y'know you can share anything with me, Lou." She pulled away a little to look into his eyes. With a nod, Louis snuggled back to her.

"I made a mistake mum," He sniffled. "Everyone knows."

Jay sighed, knowing exactly what he referred to. Louis told her everything, sobbing into her neck. "I fuc-

"Louis!" She cut him sternly. Even if he was crying, she won't let him swear.

"Sorry," he sniffled. "I messed up. Big time. Now, I'll lose my friends. It was my fault. I should have told them. S-Should have never lied..." he stuttered out.

"If you messed up then only you can correct it." She tucked his hair behind his ear. "Louis," she started. "It's still not too late. You realized your mistake and if you feel guilty enough, then go and apologize to your friends. Try your best." She smiled.

"But they won't even talk to me! They are disgusted." He muttered sadly.

She sighed. "You haven't even tried, Louis. I'm sure that if you'll try, they'll understand. Niall and Harry did."

She was right. Harry and Niall did understood him. Even Zayn. Liam will too, if he tried. His friend felt betrayed and this was his fault. He has to own up his misdemeanour. "I will." He whispered. "Thank you." He kissed her cheek and got up.

She smiled and gave him a thumbs up. "I love you."

__

Louis skipped out of his building, taking quick steps towards the school. The loose ends of the pink bow tied around his head flew, carefree, with the wind. His mum was right. Only he can make this right. He has to apologize. He arrived five minutes before the school hour ends, waiting in the parking lot. The little boy was anxious but that didn't lower his spirit. Ten minutes later, he spotted Harry, who looked irritated, followed by Maggie. Louis scoffed at how she was trying to gain his attention. But Harry was his'. But where was Niall and the other boys? He thought.

"Louis!" Before he had a chance to realize, he was being scooped up in someone arms. Harry. "Ah! My baby." Once he put him down, he looked at him in full adoration. "You are wearing a bow. A proper princess." His words always melted his heart. Love was evident in his eyes. "I love you." Harry whispered. "You d-don't have to say it back!" He added quickly. Louis' worth wait. Harry knew it.

But he wanted to say it back. He did love Harry. However, it was not the right time. So, Louis just hummed in acknowledgement. "Where's Niall and others?"

"Niall's coming, was in washroom." Harry played with the loose end of bow, gently, not wanting to mess it up. "Uh... Others, I don't know." He shrugged. He looked back and grimaced. Maggie was still standing a good few meters away from them, making sad eyes at him. "Gah! I don't like that girl. She's too..." he stopped to think an appropriate word. "Tenacious? Cohesive?" He made a face.

"They have same meaning, Harry." Louis chuckled. "I get it.  She's clingy. You could have put it like this,"

"True, True."

"Oi lover!"

Louis saw Niall approaching them with a big grin. He tugged Harry away from Louis and hugged him. "I hope you are okay." Louis smiled.

"I am." 

"That was really rude. We were having a conversation."

"Tsk tsk tsk." 

"I'm here for a reason. So don't start arguing." Louis tutted.

"Reason?" Harry chimed, a curious look on his face.

"To apologize."

"You don't have to, Louis!"

"No, Ni. I have to." He smiled sadly. "So you both shush!" Louis exhaled forcefully. Niall looked at Louis head and smiled. He was such a cute boy.

__

After, what seemed like eternity, Liam came out, walking through the school gates with Bruce and Lenny. Ireland, Florence and Amanda were walking close behind them. They all seemed quite busy chattering with each other. He looked back at Niall and Harry, who were very busy discussing about golf. Who even watched golf at such age? Louis scoffed light, followed by an quick eye roll. "Boys, they are here."

Only you can correct this.

I hope you liked it.