96.

//1//

"I love this sweater on you."

"The color reminds me of you."

Niall had his knees drawn to his chest secured between his arms while he was peacefully sitting on the floor of his bedroom. He didn't have much expression on his face as he was emptily staring at the wall opposite to him. Louis felt an immense urge to cuddle him, but he nudged his ankle with his foot to get any response, however, instead of that his boyfriend grabbed his foot.

"Oi!" Louis let out a noise of protest as the sudden action made him stumble a bit.

"Why are you here?"

"To see you." Louis frowned lightly, he shrugged off Niall's hand and sat in front of him. It wasn't surprising when Niall looked away from him. "Ignore me all you want, I am not leaving."

"In a way, you are." Niall pointed out with a dejected shrug of his shoulders. "Don't you have stuff to pack?"

"It's all done. I'm leaving tomorrow. Do you really think my mother will let me leave the place if it wasn't done?" The younger boy cocked an eyebrow.

Niall pursed his lips, humming softly. His eyes were still not on Louis. "What about the other boys?"

"They'll come tomorrow." Louis replied. "Unlike some people, y'know." He muttered in a knowing tone.

"Good for them."

"Are you really going to act all cold when this might be the last time we're meeting?"

"Might?" Niall asked. "It is."

"Niall!" Louis sneered. "Are you purposely trying to hurt me?! 'Cause this isn't in my hand!"

"I'm sorry."

Louis sighed deeply, he didn't want to pick a fight with Niall. It was quite evident; Niall's sadness. "I am sorry." He mumbled and leaned his head against Niall's knees. "Could you at least look at me?"

"It hurts."

"This hurts more. Your cold behaviour." Louis pouted sadly. "Please, Lucky Charms?" He poked Niall's cheek with his forefinger. "Lucky Charms? Goldilocks? Nialler? Ni-Ni? Pretty?" He mumbled in a baby-like voice, poking his cheek with every pet name.

It seemed to work as the Irish lad was smiling very little. However, he still didn't look his way. "Pest." He whispered softly, grasping Louis' finger that was still poking his cheek and bit it ever so lightly. "I will miss you, pest."

"I'm here right now. Sitting right in front of you. Why are you thinking about that? When you can hug me." Louis didn't expect Niall to yank him by his hand for a hug. A smile tugged on his lips when the latter nuzzled his face in the crook of his neck. "I love you, you know."

It was a rather awkward position for Louis as he was literally trapped between Niall's grasp as he had his arms and legs both wrapped around him. It wasn't a surprise either when he felt wetness on his neck. Thinking it would be best if he didn't say anything, he hugged Niall lovingly.

"I will miss you. I will miss you. I will miss you so much!" Niall sobbed painfully, clutching onto Louis for his dear life. "I love you so much. Don't leave me." Louis felt his own tears blurring his eyes. Niall sounded so vulnerable and he couldn't help but feel guilty. "I don't want to say goodbye. I don't want to let you go. I want you to be with me forever." Louis didn't want to say goodbye either. "I won't be able to love anyone other than you."

"Niall, we are too young to decide such stuff..." He muttered meekly. First, Harry and now even Niall was saying such stuff. However, he flinched away a bit when Niall suddenly looked up, right in his eyes. And it was then he realized why Niall was so reluctant to look at him. He has never seen such emptiness in anyone's eyes. Niall's face was paler than usual and had bags under his eyes. Louis has never seen Niall in such a pitiful state. He looked so weak and small. It scared him.