41.

I hope you like it x

Louis skipped his way out of the bakery with a happy grin. He was done with his tutions and even the homework, which wasn't that much. So, Jay allowed him to hang around the town alone. Alone. Since, Harry and Niall were in school so he had some time for himself. The only place that comes in his mind was that same creek with greenery and pleasant and colorful flowers. The small boy made his way towards the place; happily. To top off his happiness, he had a box full of cupcakes.

It took him almost fifteen minutes to get to the place. It was still very green and pleasant. Placing the box beside him, Louis made himself comfortable on the grass. He would have made flower crowns for Harry and Niall if they were here or they would have started water fight or rolled on the grass like small puppies. He sighed happily. Thinking about them always made him all lovesick. Harry's words were still caught in his mind; high and dry. If he come to think about it, then maybe he himself is falling for Harry. But isn't that too soon?

Loving Harry wasn't that tough. He just had that vibe, very comfortable and loving and caring and too cute to ignore. But is he in love with Harry? He was stressing himself too much. He's here to enjoy not to worry. Harry's not going anywhere.

'Have a cupcake or two!' He reminded himself.

He opened the box and took out a cupcake. First bite and he was in bliss. After having two cupcakes in a row, he controlled himself. He wanted to share them with Harry and Niall.

"You've got a little frosting on your nose."

Louis was startled by the sudden statement. He looked back and smiled. It was Zayn. "You scared me." Zayn huffed out a chuckle and sat beside him. He pulled on his jumper sleeve and wiped Louis' nose. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." Zayn was looking dead in Louis' eyes, making him squirm in his place with a awkward smile. "....Louis." This next word knocked out air out of Louis' chest.

What the fuck?! How? Who?! FUCK!

Louis lost his breath. He kept opening and closing his mouth to say something but his voice was caught in his throat. Shit! This wasn't meant to happen at least until he wasn't comfortable to tell them. Harry or Niall are also not there to help. He was screwed. Well, he lied or he kept the truth to himself. He was having such a good time and now this? Now he's gonna lose his friend. Zayn must have told Liam too. He wanted to cry, so he did. Tears wee cascading down his cheeks.

"Louis... you d-don't have to cry." Zayn remarked.

Louis buried his face in his hands and cried, just quiet sobs and and sniffles. Zayn sighed and hugged him tightly. "It's okay, Lou. I'm not judging. I'm not angry. Stop crying, please." It took him some time to subside his cries but they did. Louis managed to let out a small "How?" He was so embarrassed, ashamed.

After a moment of silence, Zayn gave a small nod. He opened his mouth to speak just to let out a shaky sigh. "I- Well, I never meant to eavesdrop or something... it's just... the other night you and Niall were standing outside your building-" Zayn looked away in distant and then back at Louis to continue. "I was about to walk past you both when I heard something about him leaving you. So I stopped..." Louis wasn't amused. Everyone in this town just loves to poke their nose in other's business. And Zayn was their friend, so that's okay. "-and then I heard him mention about you being a boy."

Things always fall apart when Louis feels he is satisfied with his life. "I am indeed a boy." Admitting the truth felt good, though. He felt as if some of the weight is lifted off his shoulders. Surprisingly, Zayn is smiling. It's a good thing, he supposed. There's no hint of judgment or disgust in his eyes. Louis felt relieved. Fear of losing a friend seemed to subside and he was feeling so good to have such accepting friends. He wiped the wetness under his eyes and pulled Zayn into his arms. The sudden gesture warmed Zayn's heart.

He was thankful. Really thankful.

I hope you liked it. Vote & Comment x