forty eight

—⊱┊AUBREY ROSE RAMOS

i woke up, instantly feeling a throbbing pain throughout my head. i almost panicked but i noticed i was in michael's arms so i calmed down. thank god i'm here.

"damn, about time." he set down his phone and kissed my forehead.

"how did i even get here?" i got out of his arms and sat up, grabbing a random ass water bottle that was on the table. i literally chugged that shit.

"picked you up from jahs house, how else?" he shrugged. bits and pieces of last night came to mind but nothing involving him. besides the one split second of him slamming the car door in my fucking face.

"don't we have school today? you need to go—"

"chill. you're not going to school so neither am i. do you not know how bad you were fucked up last night? like—i don't know how you even functioning right now." he cut me off, looking surprised.

i shook my head. "obviously not. i only remember like two things."

"my personal favorites were you screaming at me that you're fine, that it was my fault, and then telling me i got with ayleks." he got up and put on a shirt, "oh, and you throwing up in my fucking backpack."

literally i don't remember any of that shit. if i really threw up in his backpack that's mad fucking embarrassing.

"well, i don't remember any of that.. i'm sorry. i didn't mean to do all of that."

i had to lay back down from how bad my head hurts. plus, i'm still dizzy. just a little though. atleast the room isn't spinning anymore.

i heard him kiss his teeth, always having a fucking bad attitude.

"don't tell me sorry, tell ya damn self sorry. i wasn't the one looking stupid as fuck and acting stupid as fuck."

"yeah, i know—"

he just cut me off again, "why the fuck did you even do that?"

"i don't know, damn! everyone around me was drinking so i started, then i couldn't stop. i was just feeling stressed and it made me forget about all of it." i explained.

"well guess what. drinking doesn't give you clarity to anything, it just fucks more shit up." he sneered. i just sighed and turned back over to face the wall.

i'm hella grateful that i'm here instead of anywhere else but does he really have to start this shit right now?

he took a deep breath then looked towards me. "...babe—i know what you're talking about but don't become reliant on that type of shit to help with that." he softened his voice and sat back by me.

i was thinking about him the whole fucking time. he is the only thing i needed to not do that. he's always fucking worrying me and it didn't help that he literally admitted he woulda beat kentrell the fuck up if he left my house.

"...i know bub." is all i could even say. i know he's right.

"and i ain't mean to "be mean" to you or whatever, i just never seen you like that."