EPILOGUE

"...mom what is this?"

izaiah opened a letter that he noticed had been sitting on his moms dresser since before he even knew what a letter was. it'd always been sitting there, unopened, untouched, unmoved.

until now. he was opening it, and no one was telling him different.

"aubrey my love,
i'll always love you. i know i'm fucked up,
and i'm not saying that to make you feel no
different or change your opinion on me. i've told
you since day one you too good for me and i meant it 100%. i appreciate how many times you've tried to help me change my ways, i appreciate the patience you had with me. i really do. i'm just beyond fucked up i guess. i took you for granted and thought just because i had popularity and bitches, nothing else mattered.

im writing you this to apologize for everything i've put you through. i didn't recognize i was constantly worrying you with my bullshit... im sorry i fucked you over. i'm sorry i ever brought you into my problems. you don't deserve that.

i love and miss you more than anything. i miss how happy we were at one point. i miss seeing you everyday. shit, i even miss bullying the fuck out of stokeley and daniel together.

but you ain't gotta worry about me anymore. my future was already lined up for me, i told you i was gonna end up like my dad. i'm gonna get locked up so i wanna write this before it's too late.

you ain't gotta worry about that nigga jahmier anymore lmao. that nigga dead. still hate his ass for ever putting hands on you. i'm sorry about that whole thing happening too.

and i don't blame you for saying you don't want kids with me. i wouldn't either. however, if you you do end up having my son or daughter, please let him or her know i love em. more than words can explain. i hope they're smart and beautiful like you lmao, if it's a boy please don't let him end up like me. i will hang myself in my cell if i see my son in jail wit me.

i really hope you know how much i regret the shit i did. i'm sorry i went down that path you tried to prevent me from. i'm sorry for all the pressure i put on you. i love you x200000

i swear you still my one. you the only girl i ever really loved. maybe in another life my queen

- ur bub or whatever the fuck you used to call me. i miss that too btw.

he heard footsteps come into the room, so he instantly fixed his sad expression and took the letter, ripping it into a million pieces.

"you never read what dad wrote you?! are you kidding me?!" he scolded aubrey as she watched pieces of paper fall all over the floor. she had never read the letter. she wasn't ready to yet. now it was just ripped up, shredded, so she would never be able to.

it broke aubreys heart to see it be ruined, but she also knew it would open up a wound if she read it. she'd let it sit on her dresser since she didn't wanna read it, as a sense of security.

'it's harder on him than me... lemme just calm down.' aubrey repeated over and over in her head.

"mom, years! it's been years. since before i was even born, that letter was written. and you've still never told me about my dad!"

"i don't know what to tell you! he left me! he broke my heart! is that what you wanna know?" tears started to flow down her face.

"i wanna know who my dad is. that's what i wanna know! am i anything even like him?! was he nice?"

aubrey sighed and sat down on the edge of the bed, wiping all the tears off her face. for her, it's even harder since izaiah looks exactly like michael.

she thought back a little, causing a small smile to form on her face. "lemme tell you a story about your bitchass dad..."

"so this one day, i had volleyball. and this nigga wrote me a note!"

🎉 Ai terminat de citit 𝐩𝐞𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞✧𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐝 🎉