Chapter 14

2 weeks later

Meredith is about two months. She has a bump that's a little noticeable now. Tomorrow was Halloween. We put all the decorations up. We put pumpkins out in the back to carve them. My mom, sisters, their husbands, my nieces and nephews are all coming down this afternoon. The kids were all upstairs and Mer was still asleep. I made some coffee and poured a glass. We were up all night doing things. I reminisced about everything and started smiling. Which reminded me how good I feel. I went to the hospital last week for my food poisoning. They prescribed me medication that helped a lot. I drank my coffee and walked outside. It was pretty hot today. I was wearing shorts and a t shirt. Everyone was off the beach. I walked down to the ocean and got my feet a little wet. I walked a little bit on the shore line and walked back up to my house. I washed my feet off and the gardeners came. I walked inside. When you have a house by the ocean, salt gets everywhere on the windows and house. We had to hire people because we didn't have the right stuff. The kids came into the house, so that they didn't get in the people's way.

"Hey are you guys excited for tomorrow" I said bending down to them

"Yes I can't wait" zola said

"Yeah it's going to be fun" Bailey said

They left and went upstairs. I went into Mer and I's room. She was still in bed faced down. Her blanket was laying across her waist and down. She was naked. I crawled on top of her and gently placed my weight on her back.

"Mmm" she said mumbled into the bed

"Can you get up. I'm bored" I said kissing her bare back.

"No" she said.

I went down to the bottom of her back. I kissed all the way up to her neck. I went by her ear.

"What about now" I whispered

"Still no" she whispered

I put more of my weight on her.

"Derek get up" she laughed

I started laughing and fell to the side of her. I rubbed my hand up and down her back. I turned her head to face me. I saw her smiling.

"Oh I see that smile" I laughed as I put my hands to her face.

"No stop" she laughed when I tickled her neck

I sighed and took my hand away. We were on our sides facing each other. She pulled the blanket up to cover her chest. I rolled on top of her and she laid on her back.

"What are you doing" she said

"Being un bored" I said wrapping my arms around her back and biting my face into her chest

"Okay fine I'm up" she said

I looked up at her and smiled. I got off of her and off the bed. She grabbed the blanket and wrapped it around her body as she got off the bed. She walked to the bathroom and shut the door.

"You know. You're really annoying" I heard her say through the door

"You love it" I said

I walked out of the bedroom and went upstairs. The kids were in Baileys room playing roblox.

"Hey are you guys ready to pick up everyone" I asked

"Not now" Zola said

"Yeah we're playing" Bailey said

"Yeah" Zola said

I acted hurt.

"You guys are little meanies" I laughed