Chapter 41

The next day I woke up. Mer and I were naked. We had a pretty good time last night. It took my thoughts away, but now they all came rushing back. I wiped my tears away and pulled the blanket up to my shoulders. I turned and looked at Meredith. She was still sleeping. I put my hand on her cheek and caressed it. She slowly stirred awake. She looked up at me and smiled.

"Hi how is it today" she asked in a whisper

"Not good" I sighed

She put her hand out and I held it.

"I'm taking the kids to school" she whispered

"Okay" I said

I grabbed my phone and checked the time

"You have a little while" I whispered

"Mmhm" she said

I slowly leaned down and the baby monitor went off.

"Your turn" I said giving Mer the monitor

We've been switching off a lot. She sat up and I rubbed my hands on her back. She got up and walked to the bathroom. I watched her and she put a robe on. She left the room. I laid here feeling nothing but grief. She finally came back.

"She was hungry" she smiled

"Mmhm" I said

"Get up" she said

"What" I said

"Get up. Come on" she said walking over to me

She grabbed the pillow next to me. I felt her hit my head with it

"Owww" I mumbled

She hit me again

"Seriously stop" I said moving

I got off the bed and covered myself with my hands. I walked over to my dresser and put my boxers on.

"You have to move. You can't stay in bed all day. I know you want to, but trust me. It's not good" she said

I sighed and walked over to her. I slowly went in and hugged her. I kissed her head and pulled away. I grabbed a t shirt and put it on.

1 day later

We were downstairs making snacks for the kids.

"I have to puke" she said holding her mouth

She ran to the bathroom and shut the door. She looked terrible, I felt really bad. Why is she sick all of a sudden? I walked over to the door and knocked

"Hey what's going on" I asked

"Give me a-" she said and threw up again

I decided to give her space and walked back to the kitchen. I cleaned up a bit and Mer stumbled out of the bathroom. I walked over to her.

"I feel like crap" she said putting her hands on her knees

"Let me help you" I said grabbing her arm

I put in on my shoulder and helped her upstairs. I laid her in the bed. I grabbed the blanket and pulled it over her.

"Let me know if you need anything. I'm going to pick the kids up from school" I whispered

"Okay" she whispered

I left the room and grabbed Haley and Lexie. I took them downstairs and we went inside. I put both of them in their car seats. I got into the front seat and started pulling out of the driveway. I drove to their school and the kids got into the car. We drove and picked up some lunch for them. We went back home and everyone got out. I took Haley, who was sleeping, and brought her inside. The kids were eating and watching tv. I went upstairs and put Haley into her crib. I checked on Mer. She was asleep. I went back downstairs and ate with the kids. They got finished and left to go upstairs. I cleaned everything up. I made some soup for when Mer wakes up. Something light that she can eat.